• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
iceismine

HELP!!!

iceismine

i have had a zercom colorpoint for the last few years nd have never really been able to figure out whether or not it will pick up smaller lures? i can pick up lures like jigging raps but i cant pick up nething smaller such as smaller jigs n minnows or jigging spoons... i turn up the gain but all the does is make the screen harder to decipher what i junk nd what is ligit... n suggestions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated since i am begging to become frusterated...

thanx

Duck-o-holic

You might want to experiment with lowering your transducer a bit further down. Some jigs will show up better than others too. I used to have a Zercom Colorpoint, and loved it. The same group of "cutting edge" guys that have evolved into Marcum.

Good luck!

Duck-o-holic

iceismine

went out tonite on nest n only caught 1 nice crappie... i put the transducer about a foot past the ice and no difference, i hang the transducer straight down from the arm so im thinking thats not it... its been this way ever since i bought it, so i figured for some odd reason it never picked up smaller lures...

jigginjim

Ice, small lures like demons and such, give a very small egde for the sonar to pick up. You may need to adjust the sensitivity. Think of sensitivity like the volume on your cars radio. Sometimes to hear that station a long way off you turn up the radio. Depth finders are the same.

BIG_EYE

had a zercom clear water pro, did not work at all for icefishing! confused.gif

EYEHUNTER10

Try rubbing the tranducer on your pants they get dirty my vex does that often then i clean it and its fine ife the problem remains id buy a new transducer

iceismine

when looking @ other posts about the colorpoint it seems there mite not be any help out therre... till i did a lil more research and found this post on a Q&A site @ the MarCum site

No, MarCum is not Zercom. We did not buy Zercom nor do we service Zercom. Please call Techsonic at 1-800-633-2576 regarding Zercom products

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

Announcements

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• curt quesnell
      Sunshine, pleasant temps, no wind, no bugs a perfect week to be out on LOTW. Oh yes, fish are going crazy....This weeks NCOR Vid shares what is working..Enjoy!  
    • curt quesnell
      Thanks Guys  
    • paceman
      Last night my son and out went out for quick panfish trip to a local lake after dinner. Did not have any live bait but we usually do well tossing small jigs/plastics. Surprisingly we were the only boat at the landing and the only boat out fishing on this heavily developed lake. It did not take us long to find the huge sunnies. They were really stacked in 4-6'. The lake was pretty calm and we could hundreds of them swimming under the boat. We didn't stay there long but they were very aggressive. I had one that touched 10" and a few others over 9. We did not keep any. Looking for active crappies we went to spot number 2. Again going super shallow we could see quite a few in 2-3' around there beds. They of course were pretty spooky and did not like the boat being so close. We backed out and tossed into and around lilly pads. We ended up catching about a dozen. All released. I wish I wouldn't have left my phone in the truck as I would have loved to get a picture. Just amazing how black they are right now! Again didn't stay very long. Just a quick trip to scratch the itch..
    • BRL
      Saturday Norwegian Bay was 50-51 degrees. After the cold wind the sun showed up and baked it all day Sunday. By Monday afternoon Temps were around 62 with Black Bay reaching 65-66.  We left Tuesday Morning so I'm sure the fishing is suddenly on fire. I'm surprised that when I walk down the seafood aisle in the grocery store that the shelves don't suddenly go bare. 
    • huntnfish
      I upgraded my electronics this year to a Humminbird Helix 10. I love it so far with the exception of not being able to split the screen into 4 separate screens. The max that you can do is 3. I would really like to be able to have the map, sonar, down imaging, and side imaging on the screen at the same time while trolling. I emailed tech support and they said it's not something that is an option at this time. Right now when I'm fishing I switch back and forth between map, sonar, and DI and sonar, DI, and SI. Is there anyone else that thinks this should be an option? I don't know see why you can't customize the screen to show whichever features you prefer instead of only using the preloaded options that Humminbird decided on. I have thought about emailing the company weekly asking if they have that ability yet but wanted to see if anyone else thinks it should be an option. 
    • FishinCT
      Awesome fish. Still some freak crappies in the vermillion river, but don't know if 5 lbs has been approached since.  Not world record news but North Dakota had a state record walleye caught recently. 15lb 13oz. Broke record that stood since 1959. Still a few pounds off Minnesota record 😏
    • Rick
      It clears like that every spring. Nice catch. Any size to the striper?
    • Mitch K
      The water in Cannon lake is the clearest I've ever seen it. You can see the bottom in 5ft easily. Caught a few perch and a striped bass. Also saw some big bass around the fishing pier by the beach.
    • LoonASea
      Dang ,,, Another nice day to be out on the water on Fish Lake  ,,, Too bad the fish didn't think it was nice enough to eat what we offered !! Might have to switch bodies of water!!!
    • mrpike1973
      Lake Sylvia is great for bass also lake Francis near Kimball is good too a little smaller but great action! The Mississippi sounds fun I should try it myself.