• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
FI Guide

Farm Island Report

FI Guide

Coming up to Farm Island this weekend, wondering if anything is hitting, wondering where too please. Also How much ice is up there? Thanks

united jigsticker

Dan,

Based on a week ago, I am estimating you will be looking at at least a foot of ice. But don;'tt hold my word to it.

We had areas of 18" of ice. But remember: ICE IS NEVER SAFE!!!

Are you looking for Crappies or Walldawgs?

FI Guide

UJ i know where the walldawgs are but those craps have given me the slip the past couple of years hard to keep track of. And im not really a guide my name means fishing info guide cause i know a lot about tackle. Im only in high school but i would like to become a guide once i get a little older.

long caster

Was up last saturday night and sunday, only made it out for the sunrise bite. Caught 2 walters, both 14"ers and a ton of lookers (think my jigging style was a little too aggressive)fishing off of the big island (~27' at the bottom of the whole). I have tried for crappies the last couple of winters, only managing a few (they were up shallow as well?) I see a bunch of houses in the crappie hole, do you know how they are doing...havent had the snowmobile with so havent made the trek over there. UJ, i would love any tips you might have for the mighty crappies of farm island. Think i may be up there this weekend...

As far as ice, the area i was in was about 10-11" of ice, no where near enough for me to take the f-150 out.

united jigsticker

The only time I have fished Farm Island was when Cabela's and Crappie USA had the tourney out there.

We took 2nd in the pro div., missing first place by .002 oz.

All bets are that this is an evening/night time Crappie lake.

I've lost my bearings on this lake, but there are a few areas in the bays and fingers that I had thought I would try for Crappies in the evening. I know they were in 25-35 foot depths with adjacent prime summer and spring habitat.

I am always looking for spots that the Crappies have an easy move structure wise to, and also try to stick to the northern ends of the structure when first seeking out Crappies.

Based on other similar lake types, I would be looking for the Crappies during low pressure and full moon periods for the most active success.

I might try and make it out there this winter, and if I have any success on the Crappies I'll be sure to give my report.

FI Guide

yeah last year the crappie hole was terrible last year. The eyes were in shallow as well as least you are catching some fish hope to see you guys out there this weekend.

farmislandeye

Hey FI Guide im you neighbor at the cabin and i was up there all last week and it was terrible fishing. We fished every morning every night and we cought 2 eyes. last week there was about a foot of ice. We tried to fish the point of the reeds out there and notin happend. then we tried fishing right out in front of are cabin and notin was there either. But hopefully we were just in the rong spot! Good luck.

FI Guide

Brett, this is chad, are you going up this weekend, because we're heading up today right after school?

FI Guide

Was out this weekend, not much biting for us. We fished crappies and saw a school come in on the camera and missed one, but other than that they weren't there. Otherwise caught a few northerns and thats all. Did anyone else make it out?