• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Margaret - Nisswa

Anyone have, and willing, to share some info. on this lake? I'm heading up from the cities with some friends and thought I'd try to get out on the lake on Friday. Looking for some spots to try and if there is a certain time of day that is best. Any help would be appreciated!

Margaret has been both hot and cold--fishing was relatively hot and weather cold--the flasher is showing all sorts of fish in the deeper water--only 2 real spots of deep water there so easy to find--Nisswa has had alot of fish being caught-panfish has been the real attractant to the lake--alot of quantity but size might be the issue unless you are bringing kids then it can be the best lake around to keep there attention going-Nisswa has had some nice northerns being caught in the 5lb range and the lake next to it--Roy Lake gave up a 15 lb pike this past week -stop into the shop here just south of nisswa and we can show you better on a map--thank Bill

Hi Teeter, Margaret is one of the best crappie lakes we have in the Nisswa area. It also holds a very healthy population of nice size northerns and largemouths. The winter crappie fishing started very good on Margaret during early ice but has since slowed a bit which is typical for this point in the winter. The crappie bite only gets better from this point through ice out. Much of our best ice fishing on Margaret has been a crappie bite from about 4:30-7:00 pm. Anglers are hitting them on Glow demons tipped with colored maggots or a small crappie minnow. Right now the crappies are filtering into the deeper holes from the shallow weeds. Thats why the bite is less consistant now. Not all the fish are in the winter holes yet. On Margaret there are only a couple of deep spots so thats where the fish will congregate, you should be able to locate them. Just look for the groups of fish houses. Good luck.

Jason Erlandson

Being that I likely will not get on the ice this winter, I'll have to store any iformation I get for future winters, but how do you access Margaret in the winter?

I'm not sure. A couple of my friends have cabins on the lake. If I had to guess, I'd say it's somewhere by Zorbaz on 77.

I will try to explain this the best I can. This is where we have got on.

We take H77 past Zorbas. Go to Robinhood Way and turn right. This will take you into a housing development. All the houses have big lots so they are spread out. I think the road you then turn on is Little John Road which turns into Cumberland. This road dead ends at a house with a big dog. There is a little path that goes to the lake that we would drive on. They owners have been outside and have waved to us so I assume they did not care.

You can also park on this road if you pull way to the side and walk out. We have done that as well.

It can be confusing in the housing develpment. One rule of thumb we have gone by is to always go right on the roads and you seem to always come to the right spot.

Good luck. Nice lake and fun to fish with kids. Have caught some nice walleyes as well.