• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Jig Man

Koronis

Jig Man

Just wondering if anyone had any reports from Koronis. I haven't fished Koronis yet this winter, but it has been a good walleye lake for me in the past. Any reports would be appreciated.

Tuckered

I was on koronis last night, and did ok caught 2 nice keepers (18") and lost a third in the hole, also caught a few perch that were almost keepers. They werent real active liked the dead sticks compared to the jigging. 24' of water was were I was, usually a little shallower but last week that didnt work so well. will be back out this weekend.

natenoogi

I am heading out to Koronis tomorrow for some crappies just wondering where they are biting. ITS A BIG LAKE!!!!

eyefishing

where is everyone fishing on Koronis?

YakHead

Anyone been on koronis going on sat. Just wondering where they are biting.

Thanks

YakHead

eyefishing

I'll be up there next weekend but I heard the perch were biting around the islands about 20ft. or so. Same goes for the walleyes.

YakHead

Thanks for the info.

hardwaterfishing

did anyone have any luck this weekend

steeplechaser2

Is there a "walkable" area of the lake that a guy could fish with reasonable success...the springs in the lake spook me a big...and the drifts are real fun either! Just curious if there are any roads near some decent spots....

eyefishing

I was just wonder if it is safe to bring a perment on the lake, because me and a couple of guys are planning on come up to koronis this weekend. Couple of guys said it would be okay, someone said something about springs. Just don't want to get in over our heads. We were thinking of fishing by the SW island, is there a clear passage to that area or not? Just need some info to help us figure out some things?

jake125

Ya i was out there sunday and we caught some nice perch and a walleye just before sunset about 4:30 there was at least 2 ft of ice where i was.

eyefishing

Nice to here the perch are biting!!! Where were you located on the lake, and what kind of presentation were you using?

jake125

we were by the first island i think in about 20-40 ft of water, we were usin rapalas with minnow heads about a ft off the bottom, we used tip ups in one hole and then we new when the fish came in we caught one eye in about 20 ft.

eyefishing

Is that the southwest island? Or is closest to community park access?

jake125

idk havent been on the lake before we went on by the park kinda and it was like kiddy corner to it, we had to go across where it is really rocky

IceHawk

First off I would be carefull driveing around the islands.The islands have breakers between them. You never want to go between them, I always go around 3rd island to get to the backside of them. I prefer to use a access area that Bug bee hive resort owns. It is a storage lot for docks etc. The access will come out on near windmill point, and the trail will run you to 3rd island. Another good access that is used alot is the Hwy 55 one. This will take you out to stonegate flats a area that holds a good amount of eyes on the breakline.

I prefer fishing around the islands mostly between 1st and 2nd on the sunken island, and the deep breaklines off of the rocky spine on 3rd island. There's a bunch of nice eyes in this lake so Good luck!!

eyefishing

I'm trying to figure out what islands are which? Could you help me out? From looking at a map that I printed off of the DNR site, we were looking at going on to the lake at the access that is in community park, and we planed on going straight north of that access towards that point that has bulrush indicated on the map. Is that a pretty good spot or are their better?

Tuckered

That is third island, that point which you are talking about is ok, or they one off the island that has the flat in the middle is also good, and first island can be good also. last time I was out there,(2weeks ago) you couldnt have got from the park to the west because of a ice heave that runs from shore to the island. I will probably be out there thursday, havent decided where to fish yet though, it might be on a break around first island. will post with results. The islands always seem to be bad in between themselves and shore so it may be wise to find another spot to access them from the west side. there are 3 other access points that are on the west side. 2 in the northwest bay the other is far s.w. bay. Good luck!

eyefishing

Thanks for the info! I'm still a little confused but I'll figure it out sooner than later!

eyefishing

Tuckered, did you go out to koronis today? How about those ice conditions? Is there alot of snow on the ice, well considering the warm weather that we've had. What's a good presentation up there?

Tuckered

No tomorrow will be out there, not sure on the snow but most lakes that i have been on lately are 4x4 only but that may change. I like to jig with one rod and have a dead stick for the other line. but that can change depending on the bite. For my jigs alot of things work, pimples, foraqge minnow, rattle jigs, those are my top ones.

eyefishing

Thanks for the info on jigs and stuff. We'll be getting up there probably around noon tomorrow, were just going to hit a couple spots ( out in the open) first, trying to find a decent spot to put the perment for the the night. Now hopefully the fish will be biting, but oh know's. How you did today, and what they are biting on?

Tuckered

Fishing wasnt bad caught 7 eyes all small except one and lost a nice 1 at the hole! only hit my jigging spoon, and nothing till the sun hit the trees, then had a good run for 1 hr. I was in 25 feet of water may try deeper early then move shallower towards evening. Good Luck

eyefishing

well we made it up there had a tough time getting around on the ice with a 16ft. perment, but we did really good all weekend. were pretty much all by our selves in the area that we were in. We ended up catching about 50+ eyes and 150+ perch during the weekend only kept 12 eyes and about 20 or so perch that were around 10 in. or so.

only-eyes

koronis is definately becoming my late season go to spot, you can find good fishing till the season ends, then its off to red wing and the rainy. i've been finding fish(walleyes) any where from 12-30 feet with a few bonous smallies