• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
walleye_nut

What to use?

walleye_nut

First time coming up. I've always waited to come up to the "crappie factory" and finally decided this is the year. So my son and I are coming up the last weekend in Jan. So I have a couple of questions.

Does the bite happen in early morning or evening. And is anything biting during the daylight hours.

And are they biting on plain hooks, or jigs. And if so what color of jigs.

Thanks you everyones input.

Stratosman

I doubt you will get many posts to your question due to the fact that if you scroll through the many pages and posts on this forum you will find the answers to your questions plus some other information that you will find helpful, not trying to be sarcastic, but it seems alot of the same questions get asked on this forum and all one needs to do is do a little research, I'd bet you will find the info you are looking for. I personally have not been there yet his year so my help is limited to this.

Sergeant Slabber

From the posts I've read and people I've talked to, the bite seems to be stronger during the day. Glow jigs seem to be working the best in pink or blue. That's my 2cents worth. I'm heading up next Friday to give it a whirl. I'll post my findings when I return. I hope to tangle with some of those monster pike in URL as well!

halad

Why not make a day of it. My favorites, forage minnow, ratfinkee, genz bug, worm, plain hook w glow tube.

Drake

Phleps ticks (size 4), snake jigs, ditto on the forage minnow (haven't tried the glow tubes yet). When we fish we start off with different colors to see what's best at that time, but seems like the majority of the time it's red glow.