• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

T Wolves, what can we expect?

Scott M

I never imagined we'd have this poor a record and play this poor of defense. I thought we were shoe-ins for a 1-3 spot in the west. Didn't see the game as we lost to Phoenix and dropped to 16-13, but I can imagine there was uninspired play at every position other than KG. Closed-circuit to Sam and Spree: You didn't get a contract extension, boo hoo. You're already overpaid now start earning your money. Jason Kidd isn't coming to bail this team out any time soon. The pieces are there so get down to business and play. If you don't, we may not even make the playoffs.

Offense doesn't seem to be an issue. Our perimeter defense and rotation has been horrible, and let's face it, when KG goes out, there isn't anyone that will contest in the paint. At this point, we would all be stretching a bit if we think we could knock off phoenix or san antonio or dallas at home in the playoffs. Oh well, just like the Vikes there is always next year.

Too many points in the paint, what we need is a true center, besides Kandi, who is terrible. There is alot of time to turn the tide, but without some greater defensive play it might be along season.

While it's pretty abysmal, as they dropped a game to the 7 win Bobcats tonight, I hope that a team with this much talent has reached rock bottom. I do think they can fix the problems, but it will take time that they don't have. They have to shoot for the division and catch Seattle so they can host the first round. The more in the hole they get, the more minutes the old guys are going to have to get...it may very well get worse before it gets better. However, with the talent they have you can't just say wait for next season . I know that it doesn't work like flipping on a light switch but I think this team will play a lot differently when it really matters at the end of spring and into the playoffs.

Give it time the season is still early. The T-wolves seem to start slow every year. Last night's game was just a pathetic performance by the team. When it is time to start worrying about the Wolves is when the national media or even local media start comparing the wolves to the Vikes, nothing is more pathetic than that team.

Yeah that's a tough loss, getting outscored something like 25-5 the last 5 minutes just proves that this team is playing with a lack of heart and I believe is expecting to win every game, therefore the lack of effort and determination needed to put together a winning team, I agree with mnwild, FLip and McHale will right the ship, I would not worry, It might be hard keepin up with Seattle but I think we can give any team a run for the money. Now on to the football forum and into some real team bashing!

Went to the game tonight. Crapped away a 15 point lead but held on. Poor mad dog. 6-7 weeks I hear for a broken thumb. Cassell's hammy is strained also. Pretty poor performance considering Iverson DNP (Ankle). Wally looked really good: He's strong so he can bump off screens and make powerful inside moves to compliment his outside shooting. Hudson took good shots, played acceptable defense. Griffin finished with 3 points I think, but he really impressed me by altering about half a dozen shots, grabbing 7 D boards...despite poor shooting he came to play. Olowakandi....OMG. I stopped by Southdale Mall early in the afternoon and he walked right past me, no mistaking a 7 footer with his always unshaven face. I was staring at him and we made eye contact and sorta nodded like we both knew that we knew who he was (if that makes sense)...then he goes out at target center and stinks the joint up. I should have walked over to him and told him to shave and play with some emotion. Still not earning his money.

But I digress....A win is a win.

It sure seems like they suck as of late, but I still think that they are one of the most talented teams in the league. As soon as they decide to start playing as a team they will be just fine.

There's lots of jitter going across the internet that the Wolves are in trade talks with Miami for Sprewell. Wouldn't bother me none to see his sorry, hungry a$$ go.

I don't think he wants to be here anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if Cassell hits the road also. The only problem is their trade values aren't real high because of thier ages. I think something needs to be done, the chemistry is no longer.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Brianf.
      I'm not there, so I can't tell exactly what's going on but it looks like a large area of open water developed in the last day with all of the heavy snow on the east side of wake em up Narrows. These two photos are from my Ring Camera facing north towards Niles Point.  You can see what happened with all of snow that fell in the last three days, though the open water could have been wind driven. Hard to say. .  
    • SkunkedAgain
      Black Bay had great ice before but a few spots near rockpiles where there were spots of open water. It looks like the weight of the snow has created a little lake in the middle of the bay.  
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   Thanks to some cold spring weather, ice fishing continues strong for those still ice fishing.  The bite remains very good.  Most resorts have pulled their fish houses off for the year, however, some still have fish houses out and others are allowing ATV and side by sides.  Check social media or call ahead to your favorite resort for specifics. Reports this week for walleyes and saugers remain excellent.   A nice mix of jumbo perch, pike, eelpout, and an occasional crappie, tullibee or sturgeon being reported by anglers. Jigging one line and using a live minnow on the second line is the way to go.  Green, glow red, pink and gold were good colors this week.     Monster pike are on a tear!  Good number of pike, some reaching over 45 inches long, being caught using tip ups with live suckers or dead bait such as smelt and herring in 8 - 14' of water.   As always, work through a resort or outfitter for ice road conditions.  Safety first always. Fish houses are allowed on the ice through March 31st, the walleye / sauger season goes through April 14th and the pike season never ends. On the Rainy River...  The river is opened up along the Nelson Park boat ramp in Birchdale, the Frontier boat ramp and Vidas boat ramp.  This past week, much of the open water skimmed over with the single digit overnight temps.   Areas of the river have popped open again and with temps getting warmer, things are shaping up for the last stretch through the rest of the spring season, which continues through April 14th.   Very good numbers of walleyes are in the river.  Reports this week, even with fewer anglers, have been good.  When temps warm up and the sun shines, things will fire up again.   Jigs with brightly colored plastics or jigs with a frozen emerald shiner have been the desired bait on the river.  Don't overlook slow trolling crankbaits upstream as well.   Good reports of sturgeon being caught on the river as well.  Sturgeon put the feed bag on in the spring.  The bite has been very good.  Most are using a sturgeon rig with a circle hook loaded with crawlers or crawlers / frozen emerald shiners. Up at the NW Angle...  Ice fishing is winding down up at the Angle.  Walleyes, saugers, and a number of various species in the mix again this week.  The bite is still very good with good numbers of fish.  The one two punch of jigging one line and deadsticking the second line is working well.   Check with Angle resorts on transport options from Young's Bay.  Call ahead for ice road guidelines.  
    • CigarGuy
      With the drifting, kind of hard to tell for sure, but I'm guessing about a foot and still lightly snowing. Cook end!
    • PSU
      How much snow did you get on Vermilion? 
    • Mike89
      lake here refroze too...  started opening again yesterday with the wet snow and wind...  very little ice left today...
    • Hookmaster
      A friend who has a cabin between Alex and Fergus said the lake he's on refroze. He texted me a pic from March 12th when it was open and one from 23rd when it wasn't. 🤯
    • SkunkedAgain
      I don't think that there has been any ice melt in the past few weeks on Vermilion. Things looked like a record and then Mother Nature swept in again.   I'll give my revised guess of April 21st
    • leech~~
      As I get older it's really not just about sending bullets down range.  Some of it's just the workmanship of the gun and the wow factor. The other two guns I have really wanted which I'll never have now because of their price, is a 8mm Jap Nambu and 9mm German Luger.   Just thought they always looked cool!  
    • jim curlee
      I had a guy hit me with a lightly used 1969 BAR, he wanted $1650 with an older Leupold scope. More than I think they are worth, I made an offer, he declined end of story.   You know if you look at the old brochures, a grade II BAR sold for $250 in the late 60s, $1650 would be a good return on your investment.    Why would anybody want a 50 year old gun, they are heavy, have wood stocks, and blued metal.  I guess mainly to keep their gun safes glued to the floor. lol   You can probably buy a stainless rifle that you never have to clean, with a synthetic stock you never have to refinish, is as light as a feather, and for half as much money, perfect.   I'm too old for a youth gun, although I've shrunk enough that it would probably fit. lol   No Ruger 10/44s.   Jim      

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.