• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
FOOTDOC

Black Top Road Conditions from Duluth

FOOTDOC

I am driving up this Thursday from Northern Indiana and am curious as to the road conditions from Duluth to Baudette. I will be taking route 2 thru Deer River and then picking up the road to Northome. From there, over to 72 up thru Red Lake and to Baudette. I have seen it has been very cold up that way and was curious as to what conditions the roads are in. Thanks!

little perch 1

Footdoc,

Here is a phone number you can call to get the scoup on the road condutions.Up in northern Mn.800-542-0220I think I might have meet you a couple years ago.Did you stay at Schusters back in 2003 I think.

swamptiger

We had rain followed by heavy snowfall last week and the roads are still covered with a sheet of ice - generally not good so drive carefully.

Kaz

FOOTDOC: If you are coming I 94 thru Wisconsin to I 35 and north, Jump off at Mooselake and take Hwy 73 to Floodwood. You will save time and miles. I 35 goes back east before you get to Hwy 33 and then Hwy 2.. I travel that way from my place at Sturgeon Lk and it's quicker and less miles. Look at the map and you will see what I mean. Are you still on W/C much??? Kaz

bturck

Kaz: I suppose you're basking in the sun right about now???? -8 in St Cloud this morning, -42 in Halock. Don't ya just love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bill

widetrack

Bill:

Plenty cold in Roseau/Warroad this morning too. It was -35, some say as cold as -41.

Had to put my truck in 4x4 to keep the back wheels from spinning out (stiff)... First few miles on square tires was a little rough too.

bturck

It sure is putting on ice to make up for lost time first part of December though. Would be nice to see a little warm up, but then we'll probably end up with all the snow thats sitting down in Iowa. Probably won't make much difference though up on LOW, sounds like cross ice travel is pretty limited with the snow you got last weekend. Guess I'll jump in the warm bomber and let Richard chaueffer me to the house. How's your hockey season going? winning a few? Bill

widetrack

Bill:

My boys hockey team has been doing pretty well. They have only lost 2 games so far. I can't remember how many they have won actually... it gets a little blurry with around 40 games. Season is just getting fired back up after the holidays... We will be on the road quite a bit soon.

FOOTDOC

Kaz, I still visit WC daily and have made a good number of fishing contacts there. I am itching to go north but the roads are telling me to stay put. We are getting 8-12" today. Hopefully by tomorrow morning, it will be 70 and sunny! Ha! I still might give it a try.

Kaz

Bill, FOOTDOC: Well the fishing report from Sunny Florida off Fort Lauderdale Sunken Wreck is, Seas 3/5 withwind from the NE. Temp a balmy 82F. Fished on 115 FOW and caught 1 Amberjack 1 Snaper 1 Copia.. NO Walleye!! I don't miss the snow but, nothing tastes like WALLEYE.. Going over to Marco by Naples next week.. Kaz

curt quesnell

Kaz,

I caught an Amberjack a couple years ago in the Gulf out

of Alabama. That is an impressive fish!!!!!We were using

drop shot rigs and one of the guys on the boat caught 2

Jacks at the same time, one was about 10 pounds and the

other was bigger. I felt sorry for the guy, he had to

work and work hard to haul those fish up.

I hated the crappy huge rods they used, it made it real

tough to reel in fish. Everything felt so out of balance.

I suppose it takes some getting used to.

Enjoy your winter Kaz. We are hitting the sleeper houses

out of Morris Point this weekend.

bturck

Widetrack: Sounds like the boys are putting it together pretty well. Ya, I remember those days one tourney after another city after city, every Burger King looks alike after awhile. What level is your son playing at? Bill