• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

My Two Cents

Mayfly

I fished the lake 6/12 and 6/13. I didn't do too well. The best fishing I did was in the gravel, using a 10 ft. snell, red hook, and a leech. Tried anchoring up on the rocks late evening and into the night, I did horrible. Same place I caught many fish last week I couldn't get a bite. I tried all depths. I wasn't even marking fish on the graph and when I did I couldn't get them to bite. Not the best week I guess. No fish wed.. I caught all my fish thursday. Seemed to pick up a bit. How is everyone else doing?? I'll be back next week. I'm up every week wed-fri. I fish alone. Kinda boring but what can ya do when you have days off that everyone else works.

Im in the same boat fishing by myself during the week. I have been up three times this year and have done extremely well two of the three trips. I fish the north side of the lake by the culvert and know point in 26 ft of water. If your ever looking for a fishing partner let me know. Im sure I can find time. Im all set up from top to bottom.
thanks Mike
email me if your interested
[email protected]

Hey guys,
I was up there on Saturday and we didn't do too well, 1 walleye(16 1/2")and 2 decent sized perch. We fished from 5:30 am to around noon. We used snells and tried some jigging but only used leeches. We fished around Cove bay, front of Izatys, Andersons reef and sloppy joes. We tried to fish in the pack of boats, around the pack of boats and off by ourselves. We did get a few really nice bites but the Walleye gods must have been watching over them because they kept getting off before we could boat them. It was a great day just getting up there and the weather was awesome.

Anyone know how the fish were biting on the Garrison side?

Good luck and I hope others had better luck than we did.

Was up on 6/13 and 6/14. Friday fished from 10:30am until 5:00pm. Fishing was real slow. Had 4 boats out on the north end of the lake...Red Door and totals were 10-12 fish between the boats. Went out in the evening closer to shore in about 14ft and between 2 boats we got 4.
Saturday fished from 8-11:30 and my boat alone got 9 fish out on the mud.
Long snells 8-12ft, red hook and medium/jumbo leeches. Biggest for me was 27", lots of 22-25" eyes!
FINALLY SOME WARMING DAYS IN MINNESOTA! Water temps read 61-63degrees.

The Mud was good for us on Thursday, Friday and even this morning, basically until the crowds rolled in. Mr Pike 1 got a 27 3/4 inch. Also caught 27, 2-26, 25, 24.5, 24 3-23, and several of the 20-22, plus a 18 and 17, and 1 jumbo perch today. Not the action of last year, but it's definatley picking up a bit. Even had a few bite on crawlers. The spinners weren't going quite yet although I did get hit today on one.

Mykal, what time did you go out this morning? Sounds like you had some success

Just to point out how differant one day to the next can be on the pond, we were out Friday night at 7 pm on the East side.Caught 5 fish all 15 to 16.5 and one had a tag in it.We were off the lake at 9 pm do to the little one had to go and didn't want to use the prtable jon I had with.
Saturday we spent the day time pooking for other resorts to stay at so we didn't fish the day time.Saturday noght we went back to the exact spot same depth and same three lines.Only got one swing and a miss, nothing else at all.My friend was on the oposit side of the same reef, they caughta few nice 20 plus fish but not one box fish.
So from one day to the next the same spot can change totally.
Benny

Just got back from the pond. Fished Sat. and Sun. Fishing was good for us. We caught a lot of 21 to 23 inch fish. Caught two 24's,one 25, two 26's and a 28.5 incher. Two tagged fish. All came on the flats in 26 to 30 feet of water. We used 7ft. lindy's with red hooks and either a yellow or a red bead. Caught fish on leeches and crawlers. More on leeches. Bugs were bad when there was no wind.

------------------
"A trophy is in the eye of the beholder"

[This message has been edited by trophyhunter (edited 06-16-2003).]

Sounds like Trophy had some fun....

[This message has been edited by Mayfly (edited 06-16-2003).]