• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
JHansel7

Vikings Fans--It could be worse...

JHansel7

Hey Guys-

Well lets face it, things could be a lot worse for the purple and gold. We could be a 49ers, Bears, Raiders, Browns fans, which all their teams have been pretty bad for the last few years with the exception of the Raiders.

Sure We've had a bad few years also, and everyone is jumping to opinions regarding coaches, players, and anything else that really isnt the case.

First people need to realize that Denny Green left this team with nothing left and pretty much didnt help when he was here anyway. So Coach Tice wasnt left with much and we all knew that anyway.

We also have lost a lot of close games this year, by 3 points or under a touchdown which could have went our way and in some cases probably should have.

With Moss leaving the field, some of us say you cant blame him, and some of us think it was pretty bad, but perhaps the guy on here who said it best was Fishyguy, he said that moss has took major steps forward in being a leader and being a player but that was not one of them. he is 100% right.

Hey the playoffs have begun, and with a win in Green Bay, that would help the team confidence going into next season even if they lose after Green Bay. The bottom line, the only reason we are all mad is because we like our beloved vikngs so much that we cant bear to see them lose. We love our vikings here in Minnesota and who would want to be a Green and Yellow fan anyway??

Scott M

How sad is it that the Minnesota Vikings, once clad in purple parkas, once producing the sort of winterized condensed breath that meant death for a visiting team in the playoffs, are now the softest team in the league? Eighteen of the last 20 games outdoors -- a Minnesota loss? Now, Randy Moss walks off the turf with two ticks left in Washington. Presumably, it was too cold for the Indoor Warrior. Somewhere, Bud Grant feels a pain in his chestal area -- and it's not frostbite

great take by Brian Murphy, espn.com

Eric Wettschreck

The really interesting part of the whole season starts now. I really think the last team the Pack wanted to play in round 1 is the Vikings.

Who knows, it's a whole new ball game now.

BIG ISLAND DUDE

Mike Tice is to blame for the vikimgs woe's. PERIOD

I dont blame randy for walking off, I'm just surprised that more players didnt follow him. I find it hard to to beleive that anyone(other than dante) on this team actually wants to play for this hack.

I would take Denny Green any day over this dumb jock of a coach we have now.

myzee13

Denny Green? Obviously you've forgotten the guttless antics of that clown. Does roll over and die ring a bell?

BIG ISLAND DUDE

Denny won alot of games. Mike Tice hasent.

Denny knows the game of football. Mike tice dosent.

Most poeple know what 2+2 is. Mike tice dosent.

I will help some of you poeple out... It equals 4.

Obviously youve forgotten.

muskybuck

I have not forgotten Green giving up in the playoff's with two of the best NFL quarterbacks, two of the top recievers in the NFL, needing 20-25 yards to get within field goal range, about 30 seconds left and having Cunningham take a knee and going into overtime. Where they lost the toss and the game. I am not sure Green knows 2+2. The Vikings had the best team in the NFL that year. I can not believe he was not fired on the spot.

ICE RAT

It could be worse- if the Team was sold to another used car salesman

in L.A. - Or would that be a blessing ?? It may happen !

BIG ISLAND DUDE

Denny maybe gave up in the playoffs at times, but Tice gives up after week six.

Which coach would you rather have?? 2+2= what now???

I wouldnt want either coach. personally I hope glen taylor buys this team and hires Jimmy Johnson.

lawdog

Denny Green was horrible and destroyed this franchise in many ways. His salary cap problems led to their record the year he was done and the cuts that followed (although too steep since they are now way UNDER the cap). He also was a terrible game coach and always brought a team ill prepared for the big games. That Giant 41-0 loss in the Championship game should have convinced anyone of that. A good game coach with that 15-1 team not only wouldn't have taken a knee to give up the game at home, but would have surely been in the superbowl. Additionally, the attitude he instilled was horrible and his sexual harassment lawsuits and threatened litigation over buying the team (despite no resources) just show the type guy he is. We are far better off without him, even if we don't win another game...

Stratosman

I am not a Denny Green fan but he got us to the playoffs on a regular basis, Tice seems to do everything he can to try to not make the playoffs, that take a knee deal vs. Atlanta was the biggest joke I have ever seen, but what about being down two scores at the 50 yard line with 5 minutes left knowing you have the worst defense in football and punting?

Tice is a moron, have you ever seen his press conferences, makes me laugh. I think the last two weeks of the year he was more focused on what the other teams needed to do for him to make the playoffs, what coach talks about this during a press conference when they control thier own destiny? Talk about what you need to do to play better football. Red's asking price is way too much for a team without a stadium deal signed.

MJR

I can't believe you are saying we would be better with Denny.

Denny won't be back.

Tice probably has 1 year left and he seems to at least draft some decent players and after next years march to mediocracy the new coach will be left with a good draft spot and hopefully can manage this bunch of unintelligent and undiciplined bunch of role models.

The vikes will be a new team under Taylor, about the same time Farve retires.

muskybuck

There was a two week period when The Viking owner was deciding what coach to replace Green with when Tony Dungee was available as he had been fired in Tampa. If a good coach was the top priority instead of a cheap coach Tony would have at least been interviewed. I would bet that Tony would have considered it at least. The very best thing that could happen would be a new owner.

fishyguy

Musky, we have had our battles in these threads but this last post of yours 100% correct.

muskybuck

Believe it or not, I would never root against the Vikes. When they play the Pack I root for whoever has the better chance in the playoffs. This year they are both pretty dismal. I would love to see someone like Johnson or Parcell come in and straighten things out for the Vikes as well as the Pack. I have a feeling that when or if that happened Moss and his attitude would probably be traded for some defense. You win with defense. It does not matter how many touchdown passes Moss catches if the other team can not be stopped.

lawdog

As I recall, I thought Dungy had said he didn't want the job because of some allegiance to Denny???

I would have loved to have had him, he's a good coach and a good guy.

Markley

Yes, Tony D. didn't want the job out of respect for Denny. I think we still could have gotten him though. B I D, I think you are right, we should get Jimmy Johnson. Also, bring some cowboys as assistants. Troy Aikman listening to him how they should play Moss right there tells me he is offense coordinator material and I am sure he wouldn't run WR pass when you are behind in the 4th quarter. I also would bring Wade Wilson back as QB coach and Johnston as RB coach. Heck, I would bring Irvin as WR coach we need more coach excitement. Wannstedt would be a great Def Coord. but I think he went U Pitt. I would like to see John Teerlinck back in MN. He was a motivator for the Def line.

muskybuck

Markley, you sound like excellent General Manager material to me. I am not joking either. That would make up one great bunch of coaches.

Markley

My dream! lol

lawdog

I think he sounds more like a sad Cowboy's fan trying to recreate their past glory, which if you think about it, he should be thanking the Vikings for because moron Mike Lynn and the Hershel Walker trade...

Irvin a reicever's coach??? PLEASE, all he could teach was offensive pass interference and coke snorting because that was his whole game!!!

Markley

I hate the cowboys. I just like what Aikman says when he does the viking games. Irvin was a joke.

muskybuck

Irvin might have been a joke but nobody was laughing on the other team as Irvin made every big play needed to win the game.