• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Snow Goose

Straight from the Regs:

Permit/Licensing: A spring light goose permit (or license code #521) is required. To obtain a permits go person to a local ELS license agent, call 1-888-MNLICENSE (1-888-665-4236) or go to ELS online. If you use the telephone or internet license agents, you will receive a Temporary Authorization Number (TAN) in lieu of the permit until it can be mailed to you. Although the permits are free, there is a $3.50 application fee to cover the cost of issuing the permit. No other license, stamp, or permit is required to participate. Permits will be available after February 20, 2003.

Just talked to some guys in NE this morning, and they said there are so many snows around Kearny and Lincoln it looks like a blizzard. His exact words there are so many snows they are running out of room to land.

I live in New Ulm located in south central minnesota. Me and some buddies(2) are looking to try snow goose hunting for the first time this year. Do you guys know anywhere where we could possibly go is there state land somewhere? I know that minnesota doesn't have near the numbers as other states, but were still interested in trying. If we get only 1 goose it will still be a success for us.

Just got back from Missouri, and no you don't need a migratory stamp. The Snow's have pretty much moved thru MO and into NE and SD. Our guide told us the peak in MO was around valentines day and although there are a lot of geese in MO it's getting more difficult to kill very many.