• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hey Wild Willie!

mistermom

Just wondering if you have a phone # for the guy with the game farm west of Princeton. You can e-mail me if you'd rather not put it in the forum. [email protected] Thank you sir!

mm

Hey Tim!

Definetly would love the company! I don't know when exactly but I will drop you an e-mail or post something when I plan on going. And you drop me a line if you think you might go too.

I'd like to get Daisy out at least a few times this winter and try to sharpen her and I up. I don't remember the guys name but I'll figure it out from the ad. How many game farms can be around Glendorado? I'll keep you posted. Thanks!

mm

Mistermom,

Here you go. Glendorado Shooting Preserve, Rick, 612-210-6000 (cell) or 763-856-4470 (farm) We will be going up often this winter email me at turnquist927 at msn dot com and we can make some plans to get out this winter.

Hey Spinach!

Great! Sounds like a plan. Are you guys available at all during the week? Or are you strictly weekends? This next weekend I'm out of town; but the following weeks are fairly wide open. Looking forward to it! I'll e-mail you both when I figure out what I can do.

mm

Hey Guys - sounds like it is time for a Glendorado Gang reunion. I was at the farm Friday afternoon. The farm is very huntable this time of the year. They have cut some new walking paths in the wooded area behind and north of the barn and all the boggy areas are frozen over and walkable. Only standing corn is to the southwest.

The birds are not has big as they were earlier in the season but the ones I saw Friday were decent in size and very good flyers. I can hunt during weekdays from 10:30 am until 2:00 pm.

When you call the office you will be talking with Mike. He takes appointments and manages the operation during the weekdays. When you call the cell phone number you will be talking to Rick, the owner. Let me know when you want to get together and I will try and make it...would be nice to get together and see how all the dogs have progressed since last fall!

Hey WW!

This Friday may work for me for a 10:30 to 2:00 hunt. I will check it out and re-post tomorrow. Would be great if you, Tim, Spinach, as well as anyone else interested could swing something on short notice.

mm

Let me know when you guys are thinking about heading out, my schedule is pretty much wide open right now, I can usually make anything work...it would be fun to get out agian.

Hey Setterguy!

I talked with Rick on the phone and as it stands right now this Friday is wide open. I can't quite commit to it yet; but I am close.

mm

Friday high 26 degrees, wind from southeast 8 mph and a chance for snow showers. Sounds like perfect pheasant hunting weather to me! Count me in for three birds. I drop the kids off at school at 9:00 am and can be at the farm by 10:15 am. I need to leave the farm no later than 2:00 pm to make it back to Woodbury in time to pick up the little rascals...who else is in? I will call Mike Wednesday with hunter and bird count. Glendorado was running a special earlier in the season - 10 birds for $100. Not sure if that is still valid or not...regular price is $12 per bird. Remember no scratch hunting allowed!

grin.gifI'm in! 3 birds for me too! And I got the exact schedule. I got to be home before the kiddies get home from school.

mm

What the heck, I'm in for three as well. If its OK with you guys, I might just bring the video camera and not carry a gun. So if you know someone that would like to shoot, please feel free to bring them along. With these puppies coming I want to get some video of the dog working, to show potential puppy buyers what they are in for. What time do you guys want to meet up there?

Setterguy - bringing a camera sounds like a good idea. Thought Kenai was going to have a litter? How far along is she, when are the pups due? Hopefully a couple more of the Glendorado Gang will read this post and have nothing better to do that day and will join in on some fun. I plan on being at the farm around 10:15/10:30 am. Hey Tim, Spinach and BDR lets hear from you guys!

Believe me ..i've been reading and trying to get work off for the day. I picked up a 9am - 3pm shift at my part time job. I'm currentlty trying to get it off. I'm jealous, sounds like a good day. I'll get back to you guys and let you know by Thursday morning if i'm in or out. Tim

Well the breeding went well, got two breedings in. It didn't look good for the first couple days. She got pretty aggressive with him and he was reluctant, but we finally got it done. I am pretty sure she is pregnant, she has been getting a little bigger and acting like a total goof ball. The pups should be on the ground around the 7-10th of February, so she is still fine to hunt. Some say its actually a good thing to hunt a pregnangt female. Something similiar to reading to your unborn child I guess! See you guys there at around 10:30.

I didn't even bother asking BDR. I am almost positive he will be at or on his way to Winnie. There is probably some others with that conflict too...... Of course, you could get in a short hunt on the way up...... Hmmmmmm? wink.gif

mm

PS I'll be there around 10:15.

Setterguy & MM - just got off the phone with Rick a few minutes ago and he said the farm was filling up fast for Friday. I ask him to save a field for us and that we would be there about 10:00-10:30 am. He had to raise his bird prices to $13 from $12 each. He explained that the law of supply and demand rules this time of year regarding game bird pricing. We still have room for a couple of more if anyone else is interested.

Hey Guys!

My hunt tomorrow is hanging precariously by a thread. The little guy appears to have croup. I'm bringing him in this morning and getting it checked out. I will let you guys know later today if I got to cancel. frown.gif

mm

MM - not a problem...you just take care of that little bugger! There will be many more opportunities to get out the next several months. Setterguy you still in for tomorrow?

I'll be there, maybe I will bring a gun if its only going to be two of us?

Setterguy - bringing your gun is a good idea considering the way I've been shooting lately. I am still trying to round-up another shooter or two for tomorrow I will post an update later this evening.

Well Drew has got a temp of 101 and has been sleeping half the day and crying the other. His Doc is seeing him tomorrow at 10:45. So I am officially out.

What can you do? I feel bad for Drew, Daisy, and me in that order. Have fun guys! I'll make it next time (I hope).

mm

MM - we will dedicate the first bird to Drew, the second to Daisy and the third to you. Duty calls and family comes first and foremost. Maybe I'll bring the digital camera along and will post some pics over the weekend! I plan on at least one outing a month - weather permitting...hopefully we all can get together in Feburary.

Don't know if you'll get this or not, I have a gunner for today, so I can concentrate on the cameras. Leaving in a minute, see you there.

Willie,

How was the hunting today? Did the dogs work better than you shoot? That is the way it usally works for me. Don't worry the dogs get used to it, at least mine did.

The dogs worked well together and for the most part the planted birds held tight. We released six birds, had five nice points (one false as the bird quickly gave us the slip), three nice backs/honors, two runners that would not be pinned down, two running/flushed birds by the dogs and one by a hunter, two misses by me...all my guns fault of course and some great video/stills of Kenai in action quartering, pointing and backing. Unfortunately she didn't get a chance to retrieve (that's Buddy's fault.) She was very polite in allowing him to finish the retrieves. I should have called him off but I'm kind of a rookie myself...please accept my apology. All-in-all our mission was accomplished. Six planted birds, four birds in the bag and approximately ten birds located in the infamous Glendorado Apple Orchard area.

Setterguy...we found one more bird after you left. I had a great time and enjoyed watching Kenai gracefully work the fields. We witnessed great quartering, perfect range, and stylish rock solid and steady points. She is truly a thing of beauty and I enjoyed watching her do that vodoo you both do so well. I'm wishing for you and her a large and healthy litter of pups. Looking forward to seeing the pics of yesterdays hunt!

Finally got some of the pics up, they turned out really good, and the video I shot is really cool. And that is the last time I ever want to hear you apologize for your dog retrieving, thats just silly. wink.gif Glad we could get out again. I am maybe going to try and sneak one more trip out before the pups come, add to the video montage. Here ya go......

kenaibuddy1tf.jpg

kenaipoint29tx.jpg

All right, okay, enough said no more apologies! Dude...how come your photos look washed out – you gotta have Photoshop or something like that on your high powered desktop to add some contrast, snap, crackle or pop. If not just email them to me and I will enhance them for you absolutely free of charge. Let me know when your ready to go again...I'm thinking 26th, 27th or 28th if the weather cooperates!

The pics came out dark, I had to up the brightness so you could see everything. I'll shoot you the originals and we'll see what you can do with them. I just figured out how to post pics, now you want me to edit them? I knew I should have paid attention in computer class, I just kept thinking "this will never catch on" shows how smart I am.....