• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
shinde

Where can I get snap on boat cover made?

Question

shinde

Anyone know of a place in Central/Western MN that can put together an after market boat cover that snaps on the boat? I would need the snaps put on my boat as well. Have a 16' Lund Predator. Thanks for any help/advice.

7 answers to this question

rscabin

Erichsen Marine Canvas

12834 Ventura CT.

Shakopee, MN 55379

(952) 445-0549

CabinBoy

Try Shoremaster Fabric in Fergus Falls.

vikesman

canvas craft in ramsey is a good place to go. i had a 18 foot lund pro v that i had them put a cover with snaps on and it turned out really nice. i think it was around $500.

good luck

Wirenut

I second Erichsen Marine Canvas in Shakopee, He did a real nice job on mine 2 years ago.

Giant_Jackpot

I used Canvas Plus in Rogers. Top quality and it looks great. I would suggest waiting for the boat or sportsman shows. I got a 10% discount at the show.

Tripleplay

Shinde,

A number of years ago I had a snap cover put on my Predator by a company in West Fargo (sorry I'm forgetting the companies name).

Just a couple of words of caution! Mine shrunk a ton after getting wet then sun, etc. and slowly but surely the snaps started to pop and not be able to reach the bottom part of the snap. Ended up ripping the cover up and going in the garbage. I'd also recommend at least three boards as supports--mine only had two and I think the third would have provided a little more slack for the shrinkage issue.

Also had to always take the front seat out which was more a pain than an issue.

I loved the snap cover until the snaps started to go and my boss had a similar cover from the same West Fargo company on his Crestliner and had no issues so I wouldn't go against this but just want to help if I can.

Irv

Steve Bakken

Alot of it has to do with the quality of the canvas each particular shop uses. Our personal boat that we have up north has one of these types of covers on it and it sits out in the weather year around. We've had this cover going on ten years now and it's still as strong as the day we installed it. Also, we put in four bows under the canvas which really helps the water shed off. Just ask around with the different companies about the type of canvas that they use.