• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Summer Launch get together

Dave

Ok I called Fishers today, and here is what we can get for dates.

August 1st and 2nd. Launch is questionable?

August 8th and 9th. Launch is open.

August 22nd and 23rd.Launch is questionable?

Sept. 12th and 13th. Launch is open.

Sept. 19th and 20th. Launch is open.

Sept. 26th and 27th. Launch is open.

I didn't ask for a discount yet as I wanted to see if we have a good date to shoot for, but the guy I talked with did see our posts so we may be able to get some thing from them to help out.
So if we have to pay full price the cost would be close to $55.00 per person if we have 35 people.
I see the night Launch states only 20 people but I assume that is because they have a tough time keeping every one baited up if most of the cusomers were novice anglers at night.Being that we are knowlegable in the art of baiting our hooks we may be able to get the full 35 people on board.

Now lets see what date works for the most people.
Then I will set up the launch and get all the numbers out so every one can set up thier oun lodging and figure out if they want to camp,RV, or use the cabins.

Sound good?
Benny

Anytime in Sept works for me. Fishers only has one launch with lights and it only holds 20.
$55 per person? Is that for 8 hours? A 4 hour trip is desirable and should be around $30 per person.
------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
651-271-5459
www.millelacsguideservice.com

[This message has been edited by Derek Johnston (edited 06-19-2003).]

The price of $55.00 was an estamate for lodging also and a 4 hour launch trip.
I did see the night launch (pontoon) did say only 20 people, if that's all she holds then we would just have to go first come first on board.The rest would just have to use thier own boat I quess.

I posted the price just to give a general idea as to cost, that is derived from a group of 35 people taking up all the cabins and a 4 hour launch trip.

Was your trip last year a night trip 8 PM till midnight? There is an internet special for that launch of $500.00 for 20 people.

Benny

count me in for two. september is good for me. probalbly wont need lodging, launch fishing and roast pork sounds good. benny

Is the dates of September 19th and 20th sound like the weekend to get?
It will be the weekend after grouse,archery deer opener and the weekend before duck and goose season open.It should be a good weekend for most of us that are hunters as well.

Wrench, I believe the pork roast is Pauls and Derek's thing.I don't know if they were planning on the same weekend or not.I have no information on that on.
But I did put some thought into a pot luck dinner before the launch on Saturday evening.Maybe just a BBQ and some sides to go with.Then just some snack food on the launch and beer of coarse.

Benny

[This message has been edited by Benny (edited 06-20-2003).]

Ok, I will call Fishers tomorrow and see if we can still get those dates.Will also check to see how many cabins they have open so the people who want to go can call in thier reservations.

Where do you guys have the pig roast at?Is there a pit up there or do you use one of those portable trialers?

Benny

JUST THOUGHT ID LET U GUYS KNOW ST ALBANS BAY RESORT HAS A GREAT LAUNCH SERVICE. IVE BEEN PUTTING A GET TOGETHER LAUNCH TRIP THERE FOR THE LAST FEW YEARS. CATCH LOTS OF FISH. THE BOAT HOLDS 30 PEOPLE THEY HAVE GRILL AND BATHROOM. FINE CAPTAIN. PRICE I BELIEVE IS 500 OR AROUND THERE FOR 4 HOURS. GENERALLY WE ARE OUT LONGER. JUST THOUGHT ID LET U KNOW.

Benny/ Portable pig roaster. Probably a rental unless someone has one. Once the dates are set and you have an idea how many people are going, the cost of the pig and rental can be factored in.

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
651-271-5459

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

You guys are going to enjoy this one.

For starters, Paul Waldowski is one supreme cook. Not to mention he is the best kind of person you would ever want to run into.

next, you have Derek Johnston going with you. Derek knows Mille lacs and the tactics. He may not be the boat captain, but I'm sure he'll have a little advice to share and some very good stories. If you get a chance before the launch trip, get out with him or Scotty on a guide trip. It will be money well spent.

Derek ran a launch trip like this last year and from what I heard, he was the toast of the party.

The link to their site is above in Derek's post.

You will also enjoy Fisher's Resort. St Alban's is good too. Fisher's has a cozy atmosphere, plenty of space and extremely good people running their launches and Resort.

This launch trip is a recipe for a great time.

Bottomdweller, it woundn't make a difference to me where we go out of.It is just Fishers happened to be the one first recamended, and I think Rick is friends with Greg Fisher so we may get a dicount on the whole deal.
I haven't asked for the discount yet, as I wanted to see if it would be ok by Rick to do so.
As for the launch, it would be nice to get thirty people on one but I don't know for sure that there will be that many who show up.
I couldn't get ahold of them today as we lost power during the storm and just got it back on an hour ago.
I am going to call in a few minutes and see about locking in the dates.
Thanks for the input and maybe next year we can try them, or if Fishers is suddenly booked we could call them.

Benny

Those dates sound good, and I can round up 6-10 people for the launch. I usually get one going every year with the ice shanty gang people. Keep me posted and am willing to help you out, if needed. I would book the trip and get the money in advance, that way you know who is for sure going to be there.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

The weekend of the 20th is one of Fisher's busier weekends.

However, he will give a 10% discounts for those FMers who want to go on an day (morning or afternoon) launch (I'm going out on one Saturday morning) or those who bring their boats up will also get a 10% discount for launching their boats Friday, Saturday, and/or Sunday.

You will need to book your cabin for Friday and Saturday. Don't wait because he expects to fill-up. You will also need to reserve a spot for a day launch if you want to get out ealrer. Call and get your reservation in as soon as you can.

Benny is handling the evening launch. Benny, please be sure to put me down for that one. Please let me know where to send my launch money for that one.

Benny,
please call Fishers or visit their website to get pricing info so you can give an accurate estimate. I recommend that you just give the Evening charter price cost/person seperately. Those who want cabins and/or want to get out on an earlier launch can reserve their own through Fisher's. That would be easiest for you.

Again, everyone, please reserve as soon as you can to ensure you have what you need set-up.

Their website is below:
FishersResort.com

For those guys who want to grouse hunt during the day, there is some great hunting around Fishers. Theres many acres of public land outside of Malmo. Last year we had guys that went hunting during the day and then went on the night launch.

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
651-271-5459

The cost for the launch is $500 + a $50 tip for the captain so a fee of $27.50 each person .
If you like to give more of a tip please do.Just let me know if the extra is for the tip when you send me the money.

I will post the user name of those who send money as it gets to me so every one can see who is going to show up.

If you can't make the launch and I can find a substitute for you I can refund your money as well.

Remember it is a first in first on deal, so hurry and send it to me.

Benny [email protected]

[This message has been edited by Benny (edited 06-27-2003).]