• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

tips for Bald Eagle?

14 to 16 inches everyone driving out just watch the south side of island springs over on that side we put 10 by16 perm no problems we drove trucks with 4 wheelers in truck and fish houses on trailers six fullsize trucks on north side no problems smile.gif

CC thanks for the info. wish I would have asked those questions a couple of years ago when i fished out there. i still remember finishing up for the night and seeing the rangers had marked open water on the s. side of the island. about 40 yards from were I parked... made me a little jumpy. Can you still get a fair # of fish not looking for size just want action to keep the little one entertained. Im' at [email protected] any info appreciated

Hey CC,

I have a shack near where it sounds like you put yours. My favorite line is 1lb fire which is 4lb strength. I pulled up many good sized toothy critters on it as well and it really seems to up the crappie odds! If you haven't starting mixing in different color glow lures. you should. and buy a taser if you don't have one.

Early ice was sure better than it is out there now! I wish they'd close the launch again smile.gif

good luck!

Anyone have a recent report? I'll be going out tomorrow from 1:00-6 or 7:00, probably fish the north end.

Ole

Ole - The bite on Bald Eagle has been brutal. There was a benefit tournament out there on Saturday. Out of about 60-70 guys fishing, only 3 walleyes over 15" were brought in. If you go, I'd concentrate on mornings during the week.

I have been out on bald eagle about four times and still not cought a wally. I have had friends catch them alot even right next to me. But we go to the spot the next day and nothing. I was just wondering if any one could tell me were they are bitting. I usally us a crappie jig with a crappie minnow and a bobber and some thing to attrack them. but it hasn't worked yet. I have fished right off the point of the island and thje middle of the bay. thanks

I finally made it out last night. I was set up on the north side of the island and only picked up 2 small crappies in around 25 ft of water. Was only out for a couple hours.

any one know the guy who picks up all the trash on bald eagle with his 4 wheeler.

I would like to thank him for picking up all the beer cans and bottles that some one left out there along with some tip ups that were frozen in. I would have thanked him but he took off befor i could. thanks

Walleyes have been alittle tight lipped. my buddy has been gettin a 2-3 a night in alittle shallower, and gettin one or 2 a night deeper.

o and he is away from everybody and keeps moving around.

Tip for everyone out there that wants fish, stop going next to other shacks. the fish dont bite better because there are 100 houses in small area. tell ya what they even bite worse wink.gif

This lake has always proven to be a recreation lake, and it doesn't seem like most people care about the fishing. Or atleast the few people ruin it for others.

? for anyone who knows

Has the dnr still been stocking walleyes in the lake, last year I saw they stocked was in 2002. just wondering if anyone knows of any recent walleye stockings. I know there is a good class of 7-8 inchers right now.

yeah, met him Sunday . My wife & I were near the east shore, he stopped by to chat. We talked for 10 - 15 minutes or so. A most pleasant gent. He lives a block off the lake. Has for at least 30 years. Did not get his name, maybe we'll run into him again.

Don

About the stocking question. I don't have the facts off hand but I got about a 4 inch walleye last week while catching a couple of little perch. Now unless there is natural reproduction in the lake(I don't think there is) that would have to have been a fish that was stocked this year. Just going on that little bit of data. I would assume it has been stocked since then but I am sure that somebody will know for sure. Also I just got back from the lake and as soon as I got there I got my first and only walleye in the first hole I fished. Then I proceeded to get 7 more "keeper" crappies and that was that. All fish came in about 26-30 feet of water. A few nights ago I was getting them in 12' but didn't feel like waiting them out tonight. Decided to fish for the crappies instead. Good luck to anyone brave enough to venture out this weekend, try to stay warm, and be safe.

keep fishin'

wall-i-king

I know there is atleast alittle bit of natural reproduction in this lake. I have seen it happen in the spring.

I too have seen a few 4 inchers caught, that look to be yearlings.

And with the strong yearclass of 8 inchers maybe that is last years stockin efforts?