• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

A little thing I practice that paid off on Tuesday while fishing Lake Zumbro. We had set up right on the bottom of the shoreline break. However, we soon realized things weren't happening.

What to do? Move out away from the break. I drilled a half moon of about 4-5 holes that stretched 50-60 feet out away from any shore line structure.

I was immediately rewarded with fish. Not gangbusters by any stretch of the imagination, but all of my fish came away from shore. The fish that did appear near in the original holes were VERY shy and unwilling to grab a hold!

So if you get a chance to try this out, let me know how you do!!!

Keep the rods bendin'!!!

Jim W

After watching Jim and his "half-moon" magic on Tuesday, I decided to try it for myself yesterday on a small local impoundment. My son and I began fishing at the base of a drop-off where we've done well in the past. After watching the electronics and trying several presentations to no avail, I begin drilling a half moon pattern - half of it away from the break and half "up" into the shallower water. Started bouncing from hole to hole with the electronics, and eventually found some fish in the deeper water - away from the break. We were not rewarded with mass quantities by any means, but the 'gils we landed were of considerable quality!