• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Long Lake (New Brighton)

wild, Manny, Sean....

we should definitely try to plan something. Not this weekend (too much stuff going on) but maybe next weekend? Sunday, the 16th? I need to get out there again. After work doesn't work for me right now. Trying to spend more time with the gf's son. Haven't been much of a father figure lately. Need to work on that.

Anyway, holla holla!

[email protected]

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lost

• PikeMan Seank

• Iceman12

• mnwild

Yeah we should do that soon this weekend im going to lake sarah for crappies and bluegill and pike and ill be fishing the whole weekend so im booked but next weekend looks pretty open right now unless i go to my friends plcae up north for some crappie action.

let me know if you are going to go out there Sunday, I may meet you out there also. If you do go what kinda vehical will you be driving so I can find you. After Friday I wont have access to a computer so I will keep checking back.

hey sorry about the late notice here school sucks so was being sick.

Any time on sunday just about works for me most likely after 2ish is the best time i would be able to go. also does anyone have a gas augar? my friend has a hand but it would take a while.

I'm thinking any time after 2pm would work for me. Not sure how late I'll stay out though.

I'm now driving a brown Blazer. I'll also have my little blue fish house with me.

If you don't see either, look for a guy in a brown jacket and an orange hand muff (if I can find it) with big black boots on.

Manny, wanna head out together at 3:30? I've invited a couple other people but don't know if they'll be able to make it.

Joe, works for me. Do you have a 2-man or bigger portable? I just fish out of an old clam junior 3x5 1-man ice house but I won't bring it if it's not necessary. Getting a gas auger later today so I'll be sure to bring it along. Here's my cell #: 763-234-0508. Give me a call whenever. I won't be near a computer for a couple days so I'll just be looking to hear from you via cell.

See you guys sunday,

Manny

Manny,

Wish I could afford a larger house and a gas auger. I've got a tiny Fish Trap Scout which, I just found out, is currently in an illegally licensed fashion. Heh. I gotta get that sticker put on the outside of the house, not the inside. LOL.

No i wasnt that night i was out on lake sarah.

Hey joe and manny i have to go to my friends B-day on saturday then i have a police explorer meet so im unable to go. But let me know how it went though.

Sean, this is on Sunday, not Saturday. But if you'd rather sit at home and wish you were with us, it's up to you. Hope you had fun partying! I quit doing that ever since nobody showed up to the last birthday party I had (6 yrs ago).

i meant sunday.

but its a family party and he wants me to go so i said yes hes my best freind.. i want to say im going fishing but i cant im to nice, so u guys have fun and post of how it went GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Thanks Sean,

Eat some cake for me! Any suggestions as far as a location to hit? I'm not going anywhere near Rice Creek. I don't want to join the Polar Bear club.

Hey try the points there is a few.

one is by the dock which im sure everyone knows and the one thats at the little bay before the channel to the 2nd part of long, its on the corner where you turn to the bay

Lost,

ill e-mail you a lake map with some spots that are circled that could be worth checking out for crappies, sunnies, walleye.

Hey joe i sent it hope it helps you guys and i wish i could go but cant let a bestfreind down..

post if you got it

also does your e-mail have spces seperating it like, lost in [email protected] or is it [email protected], with the dash to the right of the 0 key on your keyboard.

Beautiful fish.

Thanks for the map. Just got it printed. Heading out to the lake in a little bit.

Who's bringing the bait?

Lost,

Did you guys have any luck on Sunday?? I ended up taking my 6yr old nephew snowmobiling now that we have snow, I wish I would of made it out there. Maybe this coming weekend get out fishing.

I have been following this thread, and I was out last night in about 23' of just north of the beach and did alright. The vex was lit-up like a christmas tree, but they just weren't biting. I did end up getting 5 Crappies in the 9-10 inch range, but just threw them all back. I talked to others and one group had none, and another group had 2. Their stomachs looked plump full, so I think I'm going to try again later this week.

YES!!!

my picture is number ONE on bigfish.com the link is on the 2nd page of this topic.

KrashR, how were the ice conditions north of the beach? I started to drive out there but then saw that the road stopped in front of the beach and turned around and tried a couple spots to no avail.

MNWild, no flasher for me so no clue what was happening. Manny made it with a friend and they at least could figure out how deep the water was. My last location (out from the first point on the right from the launch) had my minnow going crazy but never did hook anything.

Anybody gonna be available this Sunday? I'm also gonna be out there on the 6th for the ice fishing contest.

hey lost.

i was out there monday night with a friend and my neighbor we got 4 crappies and missed 3. i have a few pics but how? . once i figure it out ill post them

Was out to long lake this late afternoon and early evening, set up off the first point on the east side.

Found the break from 22' to 25' and set up on it...also cut a string of holes back in toward the point, got shallower quick, within a short distance. I was all ready to get everything that came around that point!

Just before dusk, I started marking fish a couple of feet off bottom in the 25' area. Lowered a waxie tipped Demon and nothing, just lookers. Lowered a minner on the same bug and the red blip came up to meet it and down went the float..1st. crappie of the night was on the ice!

Repeated the same with the next red blip and thought I was really going to touch em tonight! Those were the only 2 fools in the bunch, all the rest were lookers and sniffers, not a biter in the house.

At about 6:15 the exodus started and I was'nt far behind, that wind had a bite to it...I'll get after them another day.

Grebe, did you redrill all the holes that I left? Hehe. Last night I was out until about 8:30pm right off the first point on the east side. I found dirt with one of my holes. I had decided on fishing at the 10 foot mark straight out from the point. I had my tipup about 30 yards south of me and it was 19 feet there if my trusty tape measure wasn't lying to me.

I'm gonna hafta borrow my friends flasher for the rest of the ice season. She won't be using it.

Hey i just got back from bald eagle lake and we caught some crappies and i had a big walleye on it keep my drag going and going then when i tightend it it let go of the minnow DARN..

anyways i was wondering if some people want to get togather this weekend at long lake. i was out there few days ago and caught about 4 crappies and missed a few so i know a pretty good spot. i have a buddy heater and my friend has a hand augar.

Lost... No, I seen where a hole had been cut, but I did'nt go in that close. I started drilling in the deep water and worked my way in about 5 yards at a time.

The depth went from a larger flater 25' deep area, up to 22' within the 5 yards, then to 14' then to 7 feet...I believe the iced over hole was in even closer.

Lots of marks on the vex, nice sized red, but red blips don't cook up to well! The troops out in the fish house community must not have been doing to good either, lots of milling around and negative body language.

You know, directions can be a really iffy thing, one persons discription can differ from anothers, very easily.

Ten or twenty yards one way or another can change the whole complexion of the situation. I guess that is why we have GPS?

I'm going to hit that lake a few more times before the season ends, I've seen a few nice Crappies come out of there and caught a few last winter.

I tend to stay away from the crowds for the most part, but if I'am compelled to join the fray, I usually stay toward the outer edges and away from the roads.