• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Marine Electrical Work

Now that the ice has arrived, it is a perfect time to have work done on the old boat. I guess. We have a '96 Ranger Fisherman that is having electrical problems (ie shorts on some accessories). Does anyone have a referral or recommendation for an experienced and reliable mechanic or electrician who works on boats? Thank you, and Merry Christmas!

Thanks so much for your prompt response to my post. Makes me feel good about being part of this board. Happy Holidays, and all the blessings of the New Year!

I'll give another second to Actions Fishing for boat electricals. He came through for me when I needed new guts for my Zercom LCF-40. Just "happened" to have an LCF40 circuit board and LCD lying under his bench. Too bad - I think I killed the LCF40 again on the first outing this winter. Good luck!

Bad News! Jack and Action's are not doing any electical or mechanical work unitl March! They lost their lease on their shop, and are too busy at the bait shop to take on any work. Any other referrals would be greatly appreciated. I would really like to get this thing resolved well b/4 the opener. Thanks!

I owe Jack at Action's Fishing a HUGE APOLOGY. I misunderstood what he told me. Please be advised that Action's DID NOT LOSE THEIR LEASE. I am sorry if my last post caused any confusion.

There's another place called Fish 'Lectronics in Columbia Hts on University Ave you could try. I've never been there, so I can't vouch for them.

A few years back I had to fix the cable for my Clearwater Classic (before FL-18). I went in and they took care of it on the spot and I fished with it that day. I also purchased my LMS-320 from them the year before last.

Are you having problems with locators, or is it in the boat wiring? For boat wiring I would go to Frankies in Chisago. It is a drive but for my guide boat, I'll trust those guys.

I have had them install electronic items for me, and they done great work.

Frankies also sells Rangers, so if there was a problem for the wiring in the boat they may seen it before or have access to the people who know. Sorry I lost my faith in Crystal marine, to many issues to list.

Thanks for all the recommendations! It's really helpful! The problems mostly seem to be with accessories in the dashboard and the aireators (sp?). Thanks!