• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anything happen'in at Long Point?

To heck with fixin the truck, I'm goin Fishin. Take my other truck. Any way, any on been aroung long point lately, headed up on the 31st and hitting the hard water. just seeing if any ones out there. Whats the ice thickness, from what I've read gettin good and thick.

sledhead cool.gif

Are you telling me I'm the only one who fishes out there, going to be a lonly weekend with no one out there. Report back after the first. LOL

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!! cool.gif

I would call long point resort before you head that way. A freind just got back from fishing and said not my people going out that way do to the ice conditions.

Ok Sledhead, How did you do? I'm heading out with the "old guys" Jan. 8th at Long Point. You aren't the only one who fishes there. Both of the "old guys" were out at Long Point on the 27th along with the family on their annual xmas trip and didn't do well. So what was working for you?

Orchdock,

I was up on the 30th and took home a limit. It was nasty weather and terrible drive home on friday! I am heading back up early friday morning (7th) and staying till at the resort till sunday. I have a 2001 ford crew cab with camo on the bottom. Stop and say HI. I should be able to give you a report from the fishing on frday.

Last weekend was a tough fish out there but just like I have found out before if you stick to it you will get your fish. My 11year old found a weird glow blue lure looked like a mud puppy but it was hot! Other than that green and glow glowdevil was my best. Hope to see ya up there.

Thanks for the report sledhead. Over the years long point has been pretty consistent. I'll be looking for you Sat morning. If I don't find you, you can look for the house with all of the eelpout outside. I have been trying to target them for the last couple of years. It drives the old guys crazy. Still only get them by chance. One day I'll hit on the right presentation and I'll probably need to call an ambulance to take the old guys to the nearest hospital.

If you want pout the secret is a bright glow red, glow red with a attachable glow stick! I am not kidding! We have a pot in our house for the biggest and it always produces.

Sand Burr

Just a couple questions.

When you use a glow stick for the pout are you putting it on the glow bait somehow?

Also where did you find the glow blue bait that looked like a mud puppy? Do you know who makes it?

Thanks,

PLEV

Plev,

I did some looking and the lure he was using is a Dragon Nymth, Nite lite Blue Glow.Produced by Maynards Tackle. He purchased it at the ice show. The glow sticks have a little rubber piece that you can attach it to the hook. I think they are a northland product.

Things might change a little because the snow has covered the ice and the super glow lures might not work as well?

The all time best pout lure was what we called the Beecon. It basically looked like a red eye but the red eye in the center lit up and blinked! Monster pout!!!!!

Thanks for the info. I'll try a search and see what I can find. We tried the Pout for the first time last year. Someone showed us how to clean them. Then we boiled them and dipped them in melted butter. A couple of the guys really liked them. I thought it was OK but to me nothing beats a Walleye. If I find the lures and try them this year I will post when we get back and let you know how we did.

Thanks again,

PLEV

Got back from Long point Tuesday night. Was to sick to report. Left for the point on sat at ten to 7 in morn and ran 200 miles of solid ice on the road. Crossing the bog was the worst part of it. OOk on to fishin. Sunday not so hot only mustered 3 walleye in my house. Gramps and the uncle got eleven. Monday picked up considerably. We fished in about 26-27 feet of water, managed a limit for everyone to take home and have a good fish dinner on monday night. Yummy fresh walleye. Got three pout. Caught and release 3 nice 24 inchers very fat fish, Most were caught right on the bottom, on techno glow red frosties, orange, yellow and a few on the chartruese buck shot rattle spoon, only got two on gold. The access is open and we drove out the truck on monday, about 17 inches of ice. Were where out to where the road just about ended from kelly plowing right amunst the retals, All good and fun very cold though, ride home better but the bog was still covered in ice. Once you got south of kelliher road were good. Considerable snow fell with about 6 inches while I was there. Will be back in feb for more action I hope. Look for me then, I seem to have the only polar sport with a yellow top out there. Till next time good fishin. cool.gif

Yikes sleadhead! When I came back home on friday I felt like I was getting sick and by saturday I was puking sick! tongue.gif Maybe theres something in the water? grin.gif

I believe this is what your looking for!

I attached a northlander neon pink to a big demon and 7 of them were mine on sunday. The rest were between sat. and sunday.

[NOTE from ADMIN: Please no "dead fish" pictures.]