• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Birch Haven

Driving out on Gull Lake

Birch Haven

Yesterday a couple of regulars and I noticed that a couple of trucks had driven out to their shacks out on the "hole" and the reef. I even heard that someone had plowed out from their property on the southwest side to the reef. So, with two trucks as back up, I took my F250 Superduty and went down to my access here to begin plowing. 15 feet from shore....BOOM...my right front wheel fell into a pressure crack! We worked on it in 15 below weather for a few hours and just couldn't get it out. Thanks to Bogart's Towing in Blackduck for finally winching me out.

So, my access is screwed for a few days until I can get my old tractor running and fix and blade that crack area out. The crack runs nearly the entire length of my beach and access areas.

So, please, I ask that no one tries to drive out from here until I give the go ahead. I'm sure it's going to take me a few days to get the ice to reset down there. Also we've noticed that, despite the cold, there is a lot of slush under the snow at all areas of the lake.

Be careful out there!