• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

great customer service-Midwestrodandreel

In the day of no customer service,was very pleased with Bill and Al at Midwestrodandreel.Purchased a new summer fishing rod from them and there is nowhere else that you could go to get this kind of service.They sit down with you and show you how the rod is built,ask you what type rod you are looking,help you with any questions you have about type of rod your interested in.It has been a long time since I have made a purchase and left the store and thought this is the greatest service I have ever received. On top of that it looks to be a high quality piece of equipment. If you need a new fishing pole, summer or winter this is with out a dought the place to go. Al and Bill great job!!!!!

I'll second that! These guys know rods and the nice thing is that if you have a specific request they can accomodate you! They use high quality materials and take pride in what they do. Keep up the good work guys.

Corey Bechtold

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Isn't it nice to make a phone call to a company and the owner answers the phone or send an email and know that it's going straight to the head guy. Call or email Bill and he'll build a rod to your specifications. www.midwestrodandreel.com I've got the MIM28

28" Medium rod from Midwest. This is the rod I've been using for eyes and its working out great for me. Very good sensitivity, good backbone and a nice tip. I have a JR's ultra 8 reel on this rod and the balance is perfect. Its a pleasure to use this rod when I'm out jigging eyes all day. Up till now I've built most of my rods. Theres something to be said about the satisfaction and pride you get when you build your own rod but using Bills rods, I can see the pride he puts into them and knowing it was built for you will give you that pleasure.

Guys,

Wow!! Your kind words are very much appreciated from both Bill and myself. It was the main goal when we started our company that customer service would be the first and most important item we could offer. It is always nice to hear when you have satisfied customers who we know will take as much pride in using the rods as we did building them.

Thanks again for the great feedback!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I have 3 midwest rods. One UL wiht a wood handle, on ML amd one M.

Definitely super sensitivity and craftsmanship in these babies. I am happy with them so far.

For those of you thinking about a custom rod contact them and see what they have to say.

• 4 weeks later...

I have 4 Midwest Rods and love them all. I agree that Bill and Als customer service is second to none. As I have said before I had Bill do some special tweaking to my rods and they turned out even better than I expected. Something about using a rod that was made for you exactly how you wanted it that i love. Plus its got your name on it so you know nobody else has one just like it.

Bill has done some spiral wraps for me and man are they cool. Never used one before but now that I have Im sold on that design. Check them out at www.midwestrodandreel.com

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• smurfy
      Looks to me like Leech brought his chair home!!😅😆
    • Brianf.
      I'm not there, so I can't tell exactly what's going on but it looks like a large area of open water developed in the last day with all of the heavy snow on the east side of wake em up Narrows. These two photos are from my Ring Camera facing north towards Niles Point.  You can see what happened with all of snow that fell in the last three days, though the open water could have been wind driven. Hard to say. .  
    • SkunkedAgain
      Black Bay had great ice before but a few spots near rockpiles where there were spots of open water. It looks like the weight of the snow has created a little lake in the middle of the bay.  
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   Thanks to some cold spring weather, ice fishing continues strong for those still ice fishing.  The bite remains very good.  Most resorts have pulled their fish houses off for the year, however, some still have fish houses out and others are allowing ATV and side by sides.  Check social media or call ahead to your favorite resort for specifics. Reports this week for walleyes and saugers remain excellent.   A nice mix of jumbo perch, pike, eelpout, and an occasional crappie, tullibee or sturgeon being reported by anglers. Jigging one line and using a live minnow on the second line is the way to go.  Green, glow red, pink and gold were good colors this week.     Monster pike are on a tear!  Good number of pike, some reaching over 45 inches long, being caught using tip ups with live suckers or dead bait such as smelt and herring in 8 - 14' of water.   As always, work through a resort or outfitter for ice road conditions.  Safety first always. Fish houses are allowed on the ice through March 31st, the walleye / sauger season goes through April 14th and the pike season never ends. On the Rainy River...  The river is opened up along the Nelson Park boat ramp in Birchdale, the Frontier boat ramp and Vidas boat ramp.  This past week, much of the open water skimmed over with the single digit overnight temps.   Areas of the river have popped open again and with temps getting warmer, things are shaping up for the last stretch through the rest of the spring season, which continues through April 14th.   Very good numbers of walleyes are in the river.  Reports this week, even with fewer anglers, have been good.  When temps warm up and the sun shines, things will fire up again.   Jigs with brightly colored plastics or jigs with a frozen emerald shiner have been the desired bait on the river.  Don't overlook slow trolling crankbaits upstream as well.   Good reports of sturgeon being caught on the river as well.  Sturgeon put the feed bag on in the spring.  The bite has been very good.  Most are using a sturgeon rig with a circle hook loaded with crawlers or crawlers / frozen emerald shiners. Up at the NW Angle...  Ice fishing is winding down up at the Angle.  Walleyes, saugers, and a number of various species in the mix again this week.  The bite is still very good with good numbers of fish.  The one two punch of jigging one line and deadsticking the second line is working well.   Check with Angle resorts on transport options from Young's Bay.  Call ahead for ice road guidelines.  
    • CigarGuy
      With the drifting, kind of hard to tell for sure, but I'm guessing about a foot and still lightly snowing. Cook end!
    • PSU
      How much snow did you get on Vermilion? 
    • Mike89
      lake here refroze too...  started opening again yesterday with the wet snow and wind...  very little ice left today...
    • Hookmaster
      A friend who has a cabin between Alex and Fergus said the lake he's on refroze. He texted me a pic from March 12th when it was open and one from 23rd when it wasn't. 🤯
    • SkunkedAgain
      I don't think that there has been any ice melt in the past few weeks on Vermilion. Things looked like a record and then Mother Nature swept in again.   I'll give my revised guess of April 21st
    • leech~~
      As I get older it's really not just about sending bullets down range.  Some of it's just the workmanship of the gun and the wow factor. The other two guns I have really wanted which I'll never have now because of their price, is a 8mm Jap Nambu and 9mm German Luger.   Just thought they always looked cool!  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.