• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

crossing pine

Slave to the Slab

looking to pull a 14' fishouse over pine next week - is it fairly smooth, or should we pull out from another area?

as far as technique - in the past we start shallow (12 - 15') move deep midday (24' or so) then shallow again. is this the ticket to filling our pail? Thanks!!

I have the exact same question. I've gone over Pine before with portables but now I have a 14 foot shack. To add to your question, if you can't go over Pine do the roads that go around it hook back up with the roads that go over Pine? Also, how much snow is up there right now? I'm headed up on the 7th.

Hey boys! If you want any info about crossing pine I would call Adrians Resort (218-634-1985) you will get all your questions awnsered. They plow the roads and get you in the right derection. I was up a few weeks ago and I already fished in 20 ft. of water. Fishing was great!!

I wouldn't think that should be a problem. There are several house out there that size as of last weekend.

If crossing pine is a concern then why not check out Morris Point, just click on Resort Locator on the top of the page and look into using Morris Point, I believe they are plowing roads and have access. Then no 4 mile bay to drive across or pine to go over, just pull onto the ice at Morris and drive out and fish, basically the same area to fish with no island in the way.

fisky, any comments?

tnt

Well I can say I've seen much bigger fish houses than 14 foot, both wheeled and skid type pulled out across Pine. Road at Morris was opened to vehicle traffic earlier this week, 16 inches there Tuesday and with this minus 25 stuff going on the past few days it's growing every hour. A good 14 inches where I fished on Muskeg bay last nite.

fiskyknut

Muskeg bay, eh norm, hmmmmmmmmmmmm, what pulled ya west young man, or didn't ya bother going that far east, for a second there thought i seen a clue hidden in the post. wink.gif

tnt