• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone having any 'eye action on the Big V

I'm eager to get up there for the FM get together on the 15th with LundExplorer, and haven't heard of any action out there. Is anyone doing any good?

As far as that weekend goes, what is the best way to recognize an FM'er? I know LundExplorer will be showing off his "clamp marks" (he's now an IBOT...see the Red Lake forum for IBOT).

Any action would help pass the time between now and then. thanks in advance.

I plan on heading out Friday and Sunday(gotta spend some time with the family on Sat) that is if I can convince myself to go out in -20 temps on Fri BRRRRRR. I will post if I have any luck....and if not, no sense bragging about getting skunked ya know smile.gif

I hear ya. I'm heading up to Hibbing today (that's where I grew up) to my folks' for Christmas. I'd love to be pulling the ice rig, but not this trip. In a few weeks.

Anyone else?

I went out last week a couple of times and caught a few fish, most were small and came right before dark. The water is very clear, you can see your bait 20 feet down. The ice should be thick enough to explore some of the deep water for some day time action. cool.gif

Quote:

I'm eager to get up there for the FM get together on the 15th with LundExplorer,

Is this January 15 on Vermillion? I haven't been on much as of late and didn't know about this. It sounds like fun and more info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan

Ely Lake Expert, here is the other thread in reference to January 15th. The more the merrier!

Hey Stick, I guess you're eith in Hibbing now, or on your way, but I'm also anxious to hit Vermilion for some walleyes.

Oh, and ask Lundexplorer about the Princess of Swan Lake outing. smile.gif

Merry Christmas everybody!

Hey Ely lake expert,

We haven't really made any plans other than pick

a date for the outting. This isn't really an FM event, some of us just wanted to hook up and do a little fishing and eatting. smile.gif

I'll be fishing the McKinley park area along with MT and hopefully MuskieTom is going to make it to the party as well. Cliff has a client for part of the day however he's going to try to stop by and say hello.

I guess we should start talking about times and places so everyone can make their plans. I may have access to a very large shack for the day but I won't know for a while. If Cliff doesn't rent his out that week, then perhaps my good friend smile.gif will allow me to use it that day.

Terry,

No problem if the house isn't rented! laugh.gif

Hope to be able to get in on the get together too!

Let me know when you want the house.

Cliff

Merry Cristmas to the big V. hi terry get a set date wouldn't mind a trip up from duluth. Allways have fun on soft now it time for hard water. Heard the ice is getting better.

Seasons greetings and do alot of fishing

I will try to make it...I will make it...looking forward to the warmer weather this week..just to get out...Cliff how much ice now???

Gary,

I drove my pick-up out to the fish house today and moved it.

There appears to be a solid 10 to 12 inches of ice there.

Cliff crazy.gif

I was out of Mckinley today. Fishing was slow just a few walleyes, seen a lot of lookers on the vex but they weren't hitting very well at all. I tried a whole pile of different presentations and the only that worked at all was an Angel Eye with a minnow head and that was nothing to write home about.

But it was still nice to get out for a bit smirk.gif

The was between 14 and 16 inches in the spots I drilled holes.

Three of us went out yesterday afternoon and picked up 7. Four that went 12 inches or under but three real nice fish(15-19 inches). The jigging stick was worthless and every bite came on the deadstick. Real small jigs with just the minnow head worked the best. I saw atleast a dozen on the vex that came up and took a peak at my angel eye or buckshot rattle lure but no takers or hits. All and all not a terrible afternoon but it should get better as the week warms up.

Well, I was up for Christmas last weekend, and thought I'd give the new shack a try. Went out in Pike Bay just for kicks, as I'd never tried it when the water was hard.

Caught 2 perch, both on the dead stick. cool.gif

Also caught a nasty cold... I blame it on my heater's inability to stay lit. mad.gif

But, all in all, other than the weather being a bit chilly until I hit the sauna back in Embarrass, it wasn't a bad trip. I got to fish some, caught a couple, and now I'm looking forward to Jan.15... grin.gif

Anyone have a time/place to meet in mind?

I was thinking maybe morning, meet at the landing and go from there?

Fished most of the day on Tuesday with a friend and my grandson. Owen caught a 24.5" walleye and we caught a limit of good eating size fish. My old friend also released a 26" walleye, they all came on plain hooks with a minnow, we didn't get any action on jigs or spoons, just a few lookers.

We have the shack in 30ft, in the McKinley park area. The bite is starting to move deeper due to all the traffic. There still wasn't a road plowed however, I was able to drive around without much trouble in my 2 wheel drive pickup.

Ice was about 15" thick. smile.gif

"Ace" cool.gif

Anyone know how the ice is between mckinley and stuntz bay?

That and is the ice holding up with all this rain. I was gonna fish tomorrow am, I tend to think the roads will be more like skating rinks. mad.gif

The ice between McKinley and Stuntz should be safe.

My son came in from the fishhouse at dark tonight and said that there was a lot of water and slush on top of the ice.

frown.gif

Cliff

I sure hope that it freezes nice and solid instead of just getting crusty. If that happens it will be miserable getting off the beaten track with anything.

Was out Sunday afternoon and there were some roads plowed out there. Don't know who plows, but KUDOS to whoever does, sure makes it easier to travel. Fishing was kinda slow, caught a few for the frying pan and let about a half dozen little ones go. Off the plowed road there was about 5 to 7 inches of snow, not too bad.

Thanks Up-North, keep those walleyes entertained and interested for the nextweek and a half. But don't eat 'em all! wink.gif