• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hey Harvey!

I've heard ice was about 8 inches last Sunday night, that was right off the landing. Farther out, it was a little thinner, but after cold snap, should be good to go. Fishing has been slow out on Marion so far this year. A few fish being caught but not like years past. They are blaming the real cloudy water out there. We will see what happens!

was a couple hundred yards off the north landing sunday and was on a little over 6. by now, must be at least 10. I'm going out there tomorrow night I think, I'll let you know then, but there is more than enough to walk out, I wouldn't be surprised to see trucks on the lake this weekend, but you still won't see mine out there!!

My son and fishing buddy were out Wednesday night from 4-7 fishing south of north landing. Had better ice than fishing results. They left the fish in the lake for other to enjoy.

Peppy LaPue struck again!!!

went out there again last night and was on close to 10". getting pretty thick pretty fast. should level off now with the warmer weather coming.

glad you like it, hope you have as good of luck out of it as I did!! thanks for stopping and buying it yesterday!!

very few and you really have to work for them. havn't heard any good reports anywhere around here yet...anyone else???

Was down for Christmas and fished the dead sea for a couple days with my dad....what a bust! We didn't ice a fish!!! And the minnows from that Gas Station @ 7 & 15, what a load of crap, we had dead or almost dead crappie minnows by the time we hit the lake, the ones that were alive wouldn't even bob a bobber! No Good!!! And another thing, you guys (not you guys in particular) are slobs! I've never seen so much litter in one little area, broken beer bottles, empty cans blowing all over the lake, sh%t everywhere! I was totally blowen away by the amount of disrespect for the lake!! PIGS!!!! It is no wonder sportsman have a bad rap among these tree hugging granola bar eating bleeding heart liberals!!! Take care of what we've got for God's sake!!!

Quote:

And another thing, you guys (not you guys in particular) are slobs!

Then who exactly are you talking too?

Quote:

I've never seen so much litter in one little area, broken beer bottles, empty cans blowing all over the lake, sh%t everywhere!

I'ts not likley that the garbage came from anyone on this site, so did you pick up any of this garbage, or are you just complaining about it.

Amen Farley. Yeah with all that wind, I'm sure NONE of that garbage came from on shore somewhere. Oh no, that would be impossible, what with the new Anti-Wind Blowing Garbage devices they've recently installed. I do agree on one thing though, we all know it is a dead sea. Too much pressure in the winter from everybody who likes to keep those huge 7" crappies! Too bad we can't all throw back the small ones. I know some of us do. It's just too bad he had to drive all the way from Duluth to fish.

That is what "not you guys inparticular" meant. I didn't come on here to rub you the wrong way. I was just giving my report and vented a little about the garbage on the lake. I'm pretty sure 6 beer bottles next to four rather fresh holes didn't blow across the lake. Maybe the seven cigarette butts next to the five beer cans could have been droped by birds, but highly unlikely. Yeah I am sorry I had to drive from Duluth to fish, but it wasn't the fishing I was after. It is the tradition of fishing with my family over Christmas weekend. Our local forum has had numerous clean up's to pick up after the slobs here also. It is an uphill battle.

"Leave no trace"

FYI....the trash was taken care of!

The tension is getting pretty thick around here. This can only mean one thing, the fish must not be bitting. Its going to be an even longer winter if you guys are going to be at eachothers throats. Chill out and set the hook! ff

No it was my bad, after I reread my post I know I could have reworded it to come out a little smoother! I'm gearing up for Lake Trout opener, I know the fish will be bitting then! Anyone from down there do any Lake Trout fishing through the ice??

I was on the lake on Monday and I agree with OUTDOORNUT on all the litter on the lake. I ended up with about 6 extra pop cans that were not mine by the time I got to where I was fishing. I caught 2 and a half crappies. The largest, being the half, got off in the hole, after an agrresive try on my part it's still swimming. At least I got to touch it. The other two were released. One was about 7" the other about 10.5".

30 inch, I want your job! It sounds like you've been fishing state-wide the last week. It also sounds like you've been on garbage patroll every time out....what the F@$*&'s goin on?! Sounds like the DNR needs to start writing a few littering tickets!