• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Directions-Perch lake

Ill be coming in from Saint Cloud, can anyone tell me how to get to Perch lake, it would be much appreciated!!

You will be coming up H371. Right after you cross the new bridge on the new bypass, you will see H48. Turn left or west. Go about 1 mile or so and you will see the access on your right. Don't blink or you could miss it. If you get to the new stop light, you went too far.

Good luck. Nice lake and often overlooked.

JIM

Used to be a great lake. Used to get overlooked. Last two seasons, though, people have wiped out a big chunk of the previous fishery. Please, please, please, practice catch and release. Thanks!

-a friend called Toad

Toad,

Isn't that pretty much par for the course on all the lakes around here? It is a shame but a reality.

We are on White Sand since it is so close to the house and convenient. We have managed two pike in about 4 hours on the ice. I take the 7 year old and the 5 year old and hope for action. Both released back. I remember growing up in ND and fishing all the time with my dad. We use to catch fish all the time. No pressure on those lakes back then.

Maybe some day it will go back to what it use to be. Just glad I can take my kids out and enjoy the time with them.

We lived on White Sand when I was a wee lad. My Dad fished it almost every day. All he ever really brought home was small Northerns and Bullheads. Nice clean lake from what I remember, though.