• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

ice fishing north of the nuke plant?

wheelierida

just curios if anyone ice fishes the mighty miss upstream of the power plant in monti?

Hey Wheelierida

Theres not really any backwaters from South of Clearwater to Monticello. The ice would not be safe at all in this area, to much current. The only large back water area that I know of is south of Clearwater, you may be able to ice fish this area, but i've never heard of anyone that does.

Why ice fish north of the nuke plant? Fish the open water just to the south.

Wait, is there any good open water fishing just south of the plant?

Thats a great idea! you'd think the fish would be active in that unsesonably warm water?

The smallies south of the nuke plant are not active wink.gif J/K if the plant is discharging fishing can be very good, if its not then its like anywhere else in the winter ( a crapshoot) but imho its still better then ice fishing! Your best presentations are gonna be slow I mean real slow (tubes, jig & grub, and even the occasional jig & pig or jig & no pig will catch fish)