• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

New Waconia Ice Report.... Its Growing Fast

InTowneGuy

Hey Feet down these guys you were talking about being loud and drinking they were sitting outside right. do you have a black lab that was outside of the house. And did you have a little grill outside of the house for cooking food. if it is the same group of guys that you are talking about I was just to the north of them I had the geen pullover fish house with the blue blazer right next to the portable. I was just to the east of the intown marinas number 4 house. We had a good time ya the fish were small brent my son out fished his dad he was bragging all day long. I have to get smaller bobbers and figure out how to get the bobber stops to wrk better my sons bobber stop kept moving I thought i had the string tight not sure what happened. Well we are going to have to meet up. Ya Brent would get a kick out of the auqa view. the only problem would be brent would want dad to get one and this year money is tight. I am looking for one for next year i think though. Well i better get going Take it easy. phone number is !-320-864-6269 cell phone is 1-320-510-1349 Call any time.

Brad Duenow

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• danny berg

• scalescratcher

• Chaska Fisherman

• Moose-Hunter

I was in the same area and those people coudnt leave fast enough fishing was a little slow but it got better after those guys left they went crazy everytime they got a fish oh to be 21 again smile.gif

"oh to be 21 again...."

That is hilarious because those were the EXACT same words my wife used!!!!!

Freak - How late did you stay out there? We ended up leaving around 5:30 (because of the little one) but was wondering if any decent crappies moved in later.

Thanks!

CrappieMan,

Good chatting with you last night - Try out that trick with the slip bobber knot - I bet that will save you some valuable ice time out there! Hopefully see you next Saturday - Anybody else planning on being there? Freak? Big Dave?

feetdown....I only stayed until 5 pm also I didnt get 1 crappie but alot of sunfish is that area "pillsbury" pretty good for crappie? if so do they bite better after dark?

I will be at waconia this weekend im there almost every weekend im in a portable funny thing its a "viking" shelter smile.gif

ChaskaFisherman,

Have you been out since the windy sat night?. I am going to try and make it out Wed night after work for a couple of hours. Maybe I'll see ya there. If not I'll see ya next weekend, I'll be at Leech this weekend, trying for some perch, and pout.

Danny

Is anyone catching Walleyes right now? I'm looking to go out Thursday morning around 5am, and I want to try and catch a few walleyes. Any help would be great.

~Matt Jung

Don't know about the eyes but the crappies are biting in 26' of water. Fishing 4-6' off of the bottom. They don't like to start til after 6 P.M.

Quote:

crappies are biting in 26' of water. Fishing 4-6' off of the bottom. They don't like to start til after 6 P.M.

Last night I was out and didnt catch much prior to sundown.. Even the sunnies were slow. After sundown, the crappies started to come in, most were 8"-9" but a few smaller and bigger. I was fishing in about 25' of water and found them anywhere from 25' up to 15' or so. I stayed out till about 8pm.

I havent been hearing anything about any good walleye bite out on the lake. Danny, I will be out tomorrow (thursday) afternoon and evening for the crappie bite to see if we can land some. Hope the trip up to the pout festival is a good one for ya. I sure hope the fishing picks up a little as it has been a little slow up on the north end of the lake. anyway good luck to everyone out on the lake and if you are up on the north side I drive aGreen Chevy Crew cab, stop in and say hello.

Hey In Towne Guy- Have you tried out that mapping software I dropped of for ya? cant wait to get your feedback

Lane

Lane

Was out last nite, crappies were SLOW! Left by 8. Anybody else do any better? So any info?

NEW CRAPPIE LURE!!!

Drill 10" hole

Grab tip-up and attach a big hook

Clip on your big assed orange depth bomb

Jig up and down at bottom a couple times

Pull up a 12" crappie gumming the weight.

grin.gif

I did it was pretty slow didn't catch much it must be this warm weather 50+ degrees in feb this is a joke and it's raining today hope it cools down a bunch frown.gif

I was out also on 2/12. Overall it was pretty slow although I did have a window from dusk till about 7:30 where things got active. Ended up wth 3 eyes only one over 16 and about 10 crappies. After about 9 I saw fish but they weren't eating.

I don't know what that rain on Sunday did to it but I wasn't too concerned on Sat. I didn't measure it, but where I was at I would say it was still a good 18". It was very wet at the access but I would think things will harden again this week with the colder temps. There wasn't nearly as much water on the ice on Sat as there was the Sat before.

i was out last friday just outside all the houses on pilsbury in about 20-23 feet of water and what nailing the crappeis. anywhere from 7in-14in. slabs. we were out there from 7pm till 12 and they were biting non-stop it was nuts. if anyones going out this weekend i'll be headin out there. i'll be in a red and light gray house with a reg cab white chevy pullin it. good luck oh yeah 5-7 ft off bottom guys your welcome for the info

Carver- I was out tonight (wed) on the north end targeting the craptiles and had the slowest night on the north end so far. I was out on Friday and Sunday(in the rain) fishing ont he east side of Kegs and West side of Red's and Off of Nelsons flats and did not have much luck at all. Danny- How was the pout festival? Hey Scale are you still hunting the eyes off of the weed lines? Does anyone have any spots to try for crappies other than the bay and Pillsbury? We like to be off the beaten track a little to reduce the noise issues. MH if you have any tips please drop me an email.

Fish ON !!!!!

Lane

[email protected]

Lane,

Got skunked on the pout but caught a lot of dink perch. some of them were smaller than the shiners I had in the bucket. Took up some Eye I had in the freezer and made a feast for the gang. Had a few FM'ers stop by and try my fish

Doesn't look like I will get out to the house again, something came up and I need to go to St. Cloud to take care of a little problem at my mom's property, think I need to kick some people out The renters have moved out and somebody is staying there.

I will probably come out Sunday and pull the house off and put in storage. Next weekend I have to work. But I will be out a few more time in the portable. I have your E-mail so I will shoot you a note when I am going out.

Danny

Hey Lane,

I've continued my attack on the weedlines. The last couple weeks I've had marginal success but I'm going to go at it one last time this weekend. I am in 12-13' from the bottom of the hole just off the edge. The crappies have been more prevalent although not always cooperative. The walleyes come and go and most have been less than keepers.

Dino

Hi Dino,

Good report,sometimes I feel like a Cubs fans and say "Next Year".

Later Danny

Hey Danny,

Glad to hear you at least had a great time at the fest! You know the secret is you shoulda been fishing for walleyes and you would have pounded the pout!! I'm heading out on Sat and think I'll fish for sheepshead, I'll end up with my best walleye day yet! Being a Cub fan I can really relate to your statement.

The one thing I forgot to report about the pout fest was while we were in the main tent some guy brought a 12.5 lb pout in, there was also a 12.35 lb pout there. Looked like a snake that swallowed a bowling ball, ugliest thing I have ever seen. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

I plan on fishing Waconia for the first time this Saturday afternoon/evening. I'll be coming from the North and plan to fish a spot on the North end of the lake.

What's the best way for me to access the North end?

How's the ice/slush/water? I'm wondering if I should bring my ATV instead of the truck.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can get to the north end out of the public access on the east side, or go from Masse's on the south side. The east side is closer and the ice has not been melting to the extent the road has out of the south side, less traffic and salt-road grime to melt away on those warm days. That is the way I go out to my house on the N side. I am still driving and guess I will until I take it off next weekend. (Disclaimer - Ice is never safe ...). Good luck.

Anyone want to give me some tips on tip up fishin? Me and a buddy get skunked every time we go out there? The help would be appreciated!