• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

ferguson hit

huskiesplayer15

I think the hit was blown out of proportion. His momentum was carrying him past the guy so he put his arm out to tackle the guy. The penalty was way too stiff. Dick "nighttrain" Lane used to tackle everyone just like it.

I agree that hit was legal it wasnt like a sack its a fast game and there was no control in the secondary $75,000 is way too much for a hit like that

I am glad they fined him $75,000 for the cheap shot of Ferguson. You could clearly see when he was on the sideline he couldnt even convince his own teamate's it was an accident. You show me one player who makes a tackle like that using his arm across a guys throat and then I will be convinced it wasnt a cheap shot. And dont say Nightrain lane, that was a different era of football.

The NFL has to make an example out of this guy with everything going on in sports today. Meaning the hit Burtuzzi laid on Moore in NHL, Detroit-Pacers brawl, chair throwing incident in Oakland with the Texas pitcher.

I would say $75,000 and suspended for the rest of the season would not be too big a penalty for that. Ferguson was paralyzed from the waist down for a few hours the afternoon after the hit. There is no way that hit can be called an accident. His career might be over, who knows.

I'm sure your opinion is slighted due to your Packer dislikes. Had that been Burleson laying on the dome turf with paralysis for a while, I think your opinion would be different. I know its a fast paced game, but players still need be able to have control over their bodies.

I agree with down to earth. He can say he was going for the ball, I tend to disagree. Jacksonville was up by 11 points I believe, the game was coming to an end... I think Darius took a cheap shot and the fine fit the penalty... even though it was a packer that got jacked. ( : There is no place for that in sports. I think he was sorry the second after he did it, but it was too late at that point.

Quote:

I think that it was a great hit and he should be commended for laying out a greenbay packer like that. The vikes should do that to Favre this friday, only this time hit him a little harder so he's parylized.

I can only hope you are not serious with that comment. If you are you may need to look at sports and life from a different perspective. Nothing like wishing for someone to be paralyzed. Nice.

I thought it was a cheap shot and he should be suspended for at least one game. You can't convince me he was going for the ball. It is not a legal hit. Hoping that the Vikings do that to Farve? Big Island Dude are you sure you are a football and not a wrestling fan?

What should have he done to make the tackle? As you can see with the way both player's momemtum was taking them, the only way to make the tackle barring tripping the guy was by sticking his arm out somehow. would you have perferred a stiff arm to the chest, stomach or groin???

Maybe he should have tried to grab the jersey and pull him down? ONly Joey Browner "the strongest hands in football" could have done that. grin.gif

I don't think it was a intentional malicious hit. When you have only a split second to MAKE A PLAY! There is not a lot of time to think. I don't think letting Fergie go by untouched was an option Darius or his Jax coaches wanted.

Temporarily paralyzed? And released after only one full day in the hospital? C'mon!!!!

A little theatrics with the thumbs up the ENTIRE way across the field makes me a little suspicious too!

Here is a thought that everyone should remember regardless of the hit being legal or not. Ferguson was severely injured, not faking it and did nothing other than to go up and get the ball. The fear of the player, his teamates and the fans about his health is legit and should not be wished upon anyone.

Here is that all the Vikes and Pack go home to their holidays healthy after a great game. Vikes win of course.

Hes a greenbay so he deserved it. Now if we can only find a way to do that to their fans.

p.s. Lighten up.

If he was going to try to hurt the guy he would have went in with his helmet. You are in the air flying past the guy and you have no other way of making contact with except with your arm. What do you do just let him go by or do you stick your arm out and make contact. I rather have a forearm hit me than a helmet with a whole body behind it. Blown way up. Only in Packer country.

the hit was legal he was going for the ball he just missed it and got his neck that was a clean hit accidents happen

If Burelson had been hit by Farve that way I say the same thing. Out for the rest of the season. No excuses, period. There are no excuses for what happened. Do you think he had no control over the movement of his arm and it accidently hit his opponent in the head?

yes, it doesnt matter who it is its a legal play he just accidently hit his head its not like a todd bertuzzi cheap shot

Did the NFL change the rule on blows to the head? Last I knew it wasn't legal; doesn't matter if it was accidental or not. I've seen many plays where the DB back goes for a hit an delivers a blow to the head. Are they intentional? NO. Is accidental? Yes. Does the player still get fined? Yes.

It was a good hit. It is not like he grabbed this helmet and pulled him to the ground. He is out there trying to do his job and what happened, happened. It is not a good thing that furguson got hurt from that play and I hope he makes a good come back, but that is football.

I watch the game for the big hits and big plays. It's what makes the game exciting, but to wish that someone gets hurt is wrong.

Viks are going on a run. See you in the superbowl.

crazy.gifIf you wanted to see what it looked like here you go....

darius.jpg

Does it look like he was trying to poke the ball out???? I didn't think so either!

Quote:

Viks are going on a run. See you in the superbowl.

We'll see how these final two weeks play out in the NFC I may end up agreeing with you on this point.

Big Island Dude

Giving you the benefit of the doubt, I have waited for you to edit your post. Your comments are beyond classless. Shame on you.

I posted this before and its really nice for "certain users" posts. Click on their user name and at the bottom you can select ingnore this user. That users posts will no longer show up. That way you don't waste your time reading the type of posts as the one on the previous page. You would be surprised on how much crap it cuts out.

Merry Christmas!

Granny

That was a nasty hit, I can't believe he didn't hurt his arm or shoulder. The worst part about football is injuries and to be honest I am surprised a lot of players make it through a game. Are they saying Furgeson is going to play again or do they not know? I have seen worse cheap shots but since he was fined the NFL considered it a cheap shot, I say he is out until Fergeson can play again.

Okay I'm sure to draw the ire of some Nascar fan(s), but since I've never been one to bite my tongue... Nascar racing has got to be the most simple minded TV watching ever!