• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Ole #1

Today?

Ole #1

Will today be too windy to set up a portable? I know it will be cold, but that's what the heater is for, I just don't know if it's too windy to set up a portable?

Maybe I could put my atv behind the house to keep it from blowing away?

Ole #1

If you got off work at 3:00 today, would you brave the conditions and go fishing?

Gus

A big Heck Yes!

Just do like you suggested, use the ATV as a wind break. Do you have any type of ice anchor system? Barn spikes and a hammer will anchor anything if you have them laying around. I have the "T" handle screw in type of anchors and they work. There are many ways of getting yourself anchored. If it were me I'd get on the lake as soon as I could and just tie off to the wheeler if it's too windy. Have fun!

Ole #1

Great idea, thank you.

korn_fish

tie the portable up to the ATV. Heck, why not go out for a couple hours.

I know I would go If I got off at 3 and hadn't spent the last three nights on the lake smile.gif But I think it might be one of those, you should have been here Monday, kinda weeks.

Gus

Did you end up making it out? Any good?

I'm heading out tonight! I can't wait.

Ole #1

My boss made me stay late, didn't have any time.

I won't be able to get out unitl Friday, but between the vikes game and openeing presents, it's gonna be tough.

I will be going to Minnewaska on Sunday. I'll post any reports if I get out in the metro.

beer batter

Hey Ole,

I'll also be heading up to Minnewaska (and/or Reno) on Sunday. I hear people are starting to drive their permanents on the lake now. It's gonna be a zoo up there but it always is this time of year... Good luck.

Ole #1

I'll be using the atv and hauling out my portable on Sunday. I think we'll be going out of Glenwood.

Good luck to you as well.

Ole

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• monstermoose78
      Green has some nice gills. Glad to hear they are biting
    • Fully Kraeusened
      I’m wishing you luck my friend. It’s hard to get away and it can be very deflating when the weather doesn’t cooperate. 
    • MinDak Hunter
      Hit Green for a couple hours this afternoon, almost zero traffic and the sunnies were active. It’s nice to see this lake is back!
    • jigginjim
      still frozen in?
    • CigarGuy
      Was out for a while on the Partridge River this afternoon, didn't have any minnows, managed one 13" crappie on Gulp waxes.  But, the old Strikemaster almost bottomed out-close to 30" of ice.
    • SkunkedAgain
      I don't know what your Helix 7 requires in the manual, but a quick look would figure out if that 3amp is too small. Definitely wire your sonar to the motor battery using the correct gauge wire and fuse. If you connect it to another battery, it should be a stand-alone. Connecting to the trolling motor battery will generate interference.
    • SkunkedAgain
      I've done cheeks quite a few times and they are always good. They take only a few seconds to carve out. I like to get the most out of the things I kill to eat, so I'm not afraid to pull them out of smaller ones. I'm glad to see that so many people picked up a new tip. That's the point of congregating on these forums. I wonder how many non-registered folks will read this and learn something new.
    • CigarGuy
      I've been doing them for many years.  Like Cliff, a friend who was a guide on LOW brought some out prior to the main course-been doing it since. 
    • Tom Sawyer
      With the snow cover completely gone and lots of standing water, 60s in the forecast, with plenty of sunny days next week, and a good chance of rain mid-week; this may be my last weekend on the ice, South of Hwy 210 anyway . Fish have really been on the chew
    • Alex wilhelmi
      hey guys..i installed the helix 7. took it out the other day. it keeps  randomly shutting down, with the motor off it will stay on no problem. Heres where i think i f'd up. i used the same 3 amp fuse harness from the old sonar that came with the boat, the old hb depth only kind. its wired right to the ignition wire. i used the correct gauge wire where i needed it. im guessing its not getting enough juice? also if i wired it direct to a separate battery, how do i go about hooking up and on board charger? or would i be ok just wiring direct to the battery that runs the motor? thanks for any advice. those musky lures look so bad ass! nice work !!