• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Gibbons Ice Fishing

My son and me are leaving this evening to go up and stay with them. Any reports on ice and catches as of now.

Thanks for info!

Jason usually has their setup out from Morris point. Speaking with Morris point this morning they are letting vrhicles on the ice and they have 16 inches where their road is. Fishing has been good for me anyhow out this way. Lots of small fish as is par for this time of year and this area. Some big ones to be had as well, I've seen a couple of 10+'s and heard of a few more taken so far on the ice.

Jason is a good guy and will take care of you well, and his huts are huge, a guy could spend the whole winter in one!

Good luck....fiskyknut

Hey Feskyknut,

Will we be able to pick up some perch around there you think? It will be the only fish a person gets to eat with that slot size. And by the way you can warm it up a little were not used to it being that cold.

Thanks,

Iowawally

You might get a Perch or 3, I've seen a few in the cleaning house at Morris come in, big ones too. Theres definetly better Perchin on other areas of the lake. You will catch plenty of Walleye which you can eat, the slot is no fish between 19.5 and 28 inches, you should catch plenty of 'eaters' under that 19.5 mark. Lot's of Saugers to be caught as well. You may also get a Burbot which you could certainly eat! As for the weather, it's even making me go Brrrrr, and it's gonna be even colder! Your fish house will be plenty warm though. Hopefully you'll bring a little bit milder weather from down south there!!!

Good luck and have fun, you should catch plenty of fish.

Regards....fiskyknut

fiskyknut,

The MN DNR told me you can't cook fish on the ice if there is a slot size. Are the burboot good to eat I've never had one. It gonna be along night with a 12 hour drive ahead of us. Thanks, Iowawally

Burbot are a winter favorite of mine. Take out their backstrap and poach it in half water half 7up and dredge thru seasoned butter, I really enjoy them anyhow.

12 hours that is a haul, drive careful. Don't forget your jackets and longjons!

Fisky

Iceman, please reread our posting policy and if you have any ??? email me. fiskyknut at yahoo

Post deleted by fiskyknut

Iceman12, are you sure you went to Gibbons?

We were treated great, caught around 200 fish for the four of us in two days of fishing.

Oop's just noticed that this is my 500th post! grin.gif