• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Report from 12-17/12/19

I guess after reading these posts, we did as good as anyone. WE fished out of Ken Mark Ke, with six guys. The first day we all got our limits and threw back a lot more. We caught 70-80 fish saturday, and on sunday it was around the same with 70-80 fish. Absolute blast!Good luck guys!

Wow, sounds like you did a lot better than I did. We fished out of Schusters' on 12/17-12/19 and didn't catch much. The resort tried their best by moving us around every day, but not much was biting. I did manage the largest walleye of my short career - a 26 incher. (Not a huge fish for most, but a good one for me). I think over the three days two of caught about 45 fish or so. Everyone else did about the same as we did in the resort.

Oh well, it was fun nonetheless and I will be back to LOW in January!!

Fished out of Randalls Resort 12/16 to 12/18. 3 full days 4 people, caught over 300 fish total. largest 26", 3 others over 20"s. Most of the fish we kept were 14 to 16"s. We fished from 20 to 25 feet -deeper seemed to be better, especially in the afternoon. Glow red (angel eye Jr.) was best. or Glow white hook below bobber. Fish were active but had to tease them some. Tom and Rob at the resort took good care of us. Needless to say the trip was a blast. Going back on the 13th of January grin.gif.

TWO OF US FISHED OUT OF WIGWAM'S SHACKS ON SAT AND SUN. CAUGHT MAYBE 50 BETWEEN THE TWO OF US ON SAT. BIGGEST WAS 17.5 SAUGER,HAMMERED GOLD ANGLE EYE JR AND GOLD JIGS,22 FEET OF WATER. WASN'T SURE WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN ON SUN WITH THE MORNING TEMP AT -23.THINGS STARTED OUT KIND OF SPOTY, BUT GOT BETTER AS THE DAY WENT ON. AT 1:00 I SWITCHED TO A SMALL GOLD CHUBBY DARTER. THAT ONE POLE CAUGHT BETWEEN 35 AND 40 IN THE NEXT THREE HOURS,WE HAD A TOTAL OF ABOUT 70 FISH FOR THE DAY. LARGEST WAS A 17 WALLEYE. IT WAS A GREAT WEEKEND. WE ARE HEADING UP AGAIN ON DEC 28TH FOR TWO MORE DAYS OF FISHING WITH THE WIGWAM, GREAT STAFF AND GOOD DRINKS. WILL ALSO BE BUYING MORE CHUBBY DARTERS.

Three of us fished out of Schusters the 17th and 18th. We ended up with over 60 walleye and sauger. At least half were to small to keep. Had a good time though.

The best lures for us was anything gold, the gold jig-o-bits, and my dad was using a gold and pink buck shot rattler, i had most of my fish on the chubby darter as well, but it was the perch colored one. Also a pink jig worked pretty awesome too. And for us the morning was really slow right away, picked up around 8:45 and was decent the rest of the day. Biggest for us was a 18 1/2 incher, decent fish, cant complain. GOod luck guys!

In one of my typical trips, we learned the "should've been here yesterday"! We fished off of Morris point on Friday as the wind started to really pick up. 4 guys, 6 fish, only one keeper. Rented a house from Wigwam on Sat. to get out of the wind. 4 guys, 12 fish; no keepers. The only good part was the fact I did manage a 9.25lb. eelpout on 4lb. test on Fri. and a 4.5lb. walleye on Sat. Overall, pretty dissappointing trip, especially after reading the reports all week. Oh well, I guess you can't control the weather. We'll be back.

We measured 12" of ice in both places. On Sat., they took us out past Pine Island in one of their track vehicles. Also saw 2 full size trucks out there. I'm sure with the

-20 they had on Sun. and the cooldown again this week, there will be more than plenty of ice by the weekend.