• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

MrSloppy

Just got back from washington, about 6-7 inches of good ice. There was about 25 portables out there, spread out all over. Fished about 5 hours and caught around 25 crappies and sunnies. Kept about 10 of them, threw the rest back. Most everything was bitting on ratso's, right off the bottom.

pikerliker

Mr. Sloppy do you know if that ice level is pretty consistent around the lake? I'd like to get out in the next few days at some point.

Thanks ~piker

MrSloppy

i dont know about the rest of the lake, but Mud was nice and thick. I say people will be driving out there next week if the forcast for the next couple days is right. I wont be, but others might

saksman1

mr.sloppy knows that he will be driving out there with everyone else. they were also bitting on rattfinks(sp), and shrimpos tipped with a red spike. going out today or to windy?

MrSloppy

Im not going out today, gotta work, and too much stuff to take care of before then. Not till thurs nite now

MrSloppy

was out on washington for about 5 hours today, on mud bay. Caught well over 90 sunnies between me and a friend. They were biting very light, but easy enough to see with a spring bobber. Didnt really seem to matter what the lure was, as long as it was small and tipped with a red spike worm. The ice was about 9 or 10, there were a few small trucks and cars out there and lots of ATVs. People are starting to pull out permantents now. Anyone know how the ice is in bakers or around 3rd point?

riverrat56

Whats the size like on those Sunnies, i have a lake around town i can catch a bunch in but they are all little dinky ones, it would be worth the 45 min drive to get some bigger ones, also since ive only fishing Washington a few times which bay is Mud Bay? thanks

RR56

MrSloppy

mud bay is the one right out from westwood. The sunnies are small, but you have to pick through them and find some keepers outta there. They all seem to be right on the bottom, a few come in about 3 feet off, and those are generally the bigger keeper ones. You can easily get enough to keep in a couple of hours.

BK19

i heard people were driving all over is that true how much ice is there now?

pikerliker

I was out tonight by the third point. Only 3 and 4 wheelers and people walking (me). There was about 9-10 inches of ice where I was. I was trying for the "hot" walley bite I had heard about there. No luck. Marked quite a few fish but they were having nothing to do with anything that I dropped down in front of them. They would come up and check the jig out and then go back to the bottom. I used fatheads and tried about 6-7 different jigs with no luck. I did play around with some suspeded fish which I assumed were crappies and they seemed interested in my jig but would not take it. You know it would be nice to follow up on a "hot tip" one time and actually have it pay off!!

~piker

zhihprfrmnceluke

i went there around 2 or 3 and got hammered my crappies and sunnies, guy next to us was hook'in up some eyes. But the crappies were sweet and some sunnies were good, we are going tehre tomarrow and then going home to have a feast hopefully, but theres tons of ice. Ppl are driving full size trucks out there but i think thats pushing there luck

BK19

was out yesteday by westwood with my kids we brought home 18 nice sunnies caught probably 100 of them but mostly small ones anyway yes there was alot of people driving on 11 inches of ice full size trucks at that and pulling huge ice houses will they ever learn, where are the crappies biting ?

Tom I Am

Fished the last 4 days on Washington. Started in Bakers bay on Xmas. Picked up 20 nice sunnies in 15 ft. of water. Been in Mud Bay the last 3 days. Easily filled out each day on sunnies. Wax worms about 5 inches off the bottom. I was in 13 feet closer to the narrows. Picked up 1 15" eye on a minnow too. There's 11" of ice pretty much everywhere I drilled. Full size trucks everywhere. (me 4 wheeler)Hope we don't get too warm the next few days as predicted.

WAS OUT YESTERDAY ON MUD BAY WHERE FISHING WAS SLOW. WENT IN 13 FEET OF WATER BETWEEN MUD AND BAKERS ,FISHING WAS VERY GOOD FOR SUNNIES AND A FEW REAL NICE CRAPPIES. HAD TO THROW ABOUT HALF THE SUNNIES BACK , BUT SOME PRETTY NICE KEEPERS.

30 inch eyes

I was out on third point on tues. eve. in 15' all we caught was small perch and 1 crappie. Got checked by the warden, first time in many years, good to see them doing there job. As usual lots of litter on the ice. Please clean up after yourself and others. I picked up 2 cans on the way out myself. It doesn't take much time and keeps the lake clean.

Tom I Am

Just took a drive out to Washington. No time to fish today. People are driving all over. Didn't see any houses froze in or submerged. No open holes. I would certainly be careful after the temps yesterday though. I'll be out there tomorrow with the 4 wheeler. Rumor has it their getting crappies and eyes between grassy and second point in the early evening.

Tom I Am

Filled out on some very nice crappies today off 3rd point. Swedish pimple tipped with a minnow head. 1 O'clock in the afternoon bite time.

catmaster1557

Fished last night.Kept about 15 crappies. caught alot of other ones. Biggest crappie was 14 1/2 inches. One small walleye.

lindylittlejim

Barsky, may I ask how deep of water you were in? and how big were the crappies, Catmaster-a 14 1/2'' crappie is a darn big fish, were you off westwood or one of the points? thanks for any info, might try it tomorrow!

Tom I Am

We were in 17'. 11-12" crappies. My buddy went out today and reported similar luck.

catmaster1557

Going out from Westwood we were to that point left of westwood in 20 feet of water. sorry don't know exactly what point that is. Dang right that is a big crappie. Beat my biigest of 13 inches by a long run.

Ears

How much ice..and it should be squirlles nest point

catmaster1557

about 12 inches of ice

BWCAW

Catmaster1557, I was looking at a map and the deepest it gets off that point is 13 feet. Is there an unmarked hole, or were you farther back into the bay around the 35 foot hole?

Stradic

I'm sure he was a ways back from the point. I heard they're some crazy people driving right around Squirrels nest point. 12 inches or not, pretty crazy with that yearly ice heave unless you go way out.