• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Do you need an extension yet?

Whopper Stopper

You know, I really don't understand that question. I always bring my extension, weather I need it or not.

anyfishwilldo-

I'm with you on that one! This was the first year I took my extension off of my auger. We had 3-4" of ice on Devil's Lake and I didn't want to look like too much of a weirdo with an extension on my auger. Normally it stays on year round.

Here's a few other dumb ones-

1- Do I need a shovel?

2- Should I bring my underwater camera or won't it work?

3- Do I need to bring waxies with?

4- Should I bring my heater or will it be warm enough without it?

5- Should I leave the Angel Eye Jrs at home or are they working good?

6- Do I need TP on the ice?

7- Do you think I need to bring the jerk strap with?

8- Should I bring the case of beer or leave it at home?

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Too good Hanson!! grin.gif

A couple more;

Will the fish be biting when I'm there in 3 weeks?

How does the weather affect how fast the ice freezes?

Then there is the best one ever, "Why did you move the pressure ridge?"

You guys forgot one. On the way it's "how do I get to the house" and the next day it's "how did I manage to find it." grin.gif

You have got to be kidding. People are really that stupid that they ask where you moved the pressure ridge?

r u kidding? there are even those who believe we keep the fish in underwater pens smile.gif

there was that one night though, i know they moved the pressure ridge. i think they were trying to lead me astray confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

Hey I've heard the ice is only 10" thick right now, but my ice drill is about 3 feet long. Does anyone know where I can get an auger shortener?

Get in the habit of leaning it up against the back of your pu one day you'll forget. Then all ya do is have someone cut the bend out and weld back together real simple. grin.gif

boy i tell ya! crazy.gif

you could just take kelly's auger modification class.

it consists of high speed cross country travel, combined with the triangulatic levitational forces, resulting in equipmental displacement/rearangement/retirement frown.gif

it would help to have good springs also smirk.gif

If you don't have enough money to pay your Poker debts, you might need an extension. ooo.gif

If you are a little man, you might need an extension. shocked.gif

If you just received my Bill for $95,000 worth of guide service so you can brag on this board, you won't get an extension !

grin.gif

Quote:

Drill at a very sharp angle and you'll be able to use all of your auger.
grin.gif

Hah a buddy of mine ALWAYS seems to do this, NOT on purpose. confused.gif

hmm.....this must be the smartest room i've ever been in!

What seemed like a harmless questions (although strange)

from "whopper" turned into a whopper roast!

Hanson....(in all of your infinite wisdom) maybe next time the answer will simply be.....

"No, not yet"

-just a thought

alright, who wants this guy cool.gif

it some times is hard to remember that there are new people that show up here all the time.it's just that in the "old days" they used to lay in the weeds to bring themselves up to speed before they spouted off, as to not look...well...new grin.gif

not to be rude, but this question is no longer asked for an honest answer but more as an underachieving attempt at humor. i mean realy, they are just starting to drive on the ice. barely enough for that. do we need an extension? not today. maybe ask again tomorrow.

Hey eyeswide i think i can clear this up for you, We are talking about ice auger extentions, maybe that will help you understand, we are not trying to roast wopper ( Thats right isn't it Jigglestick?? You being the smart one and all!!!!!!!!! confused.gif

Mr. jigglestick-

Let's not get are panties in a bunch! If you feel the need

to be recognized for all your many years of service to these

forums....hats off to thee.

I in fact do remember the old days...

although I may not record the "posts" you do (I'm sure your proud) People would

actually......(news flash)......share information! Not, whimsical

little stories of the life of "jigglestick"

But, I digress....

how are they bitting?

seems like this forum is evolving into the serious fisherman wannabee only forum. the fun has been fading, and guys like yourself make that point repeatedly. i did not mean to bore you with my lifes story. maybe you should have told me before i got carried away. i guess i thought i was having fun while sharing experiences and tips. this is the second such blast in as many weeks, and frankly while i have been trying to find a solid reason to keep poking my nose in and offering up my two cents worth, i feel more like it is not worth the effort, and my thoughts , not worth the two cents.

i will still fish the $#it out of any lake i can get my hands on.

i will still stand proud at camp jigglestick, and the people who want to find me know where they can do so.

i have had enough.

I believe the extension question is older than the IBOTS. I'm not quite sure when it was first asked on here but there were times when there would be 3 or 4 threads with the word 'extension' in the title all on the current page. It turned into a good joke and everybody ran with it.

If you continue to check the URL Forum throughout the winter, you will probably see the 'extension question' pop up once a week. Heck, I believe I saw somebody ask it this summer on here too! grin.gif

If somebody asks the question at the end of January or middle of February, I will give a straight up answer. Yes or No.

Last winter, you didn't need one unless you were augering in a permanent house. The winter before you almost needed 2. So asking if you need an extension on an extension is definitely a legitimate question at times. (Daveo- That is a very good question & I believe the answer is YES, you just have to start augering off the tailgate of your pickup!)

As discussed in the other hot thread 'Forums,' the URL forum is THE source for humor on FishingMinnesota. I'm not quite sure how it started but I think alot of people want it to continue. You can get fishing reports, inside info on the hot lure, ice conditions, and happy hour humour all rolled into one spot.

Hanson, regarding two winters ago, I was up there with a very long homemade extention, and my fishing buddy that was with me stands 5'6" in tall boots. What a terrible time not to have a camera. It looked like the old Lily Tomlin routine where she dressed as a kid and sat in a big oversized chair. He drilled one hole and handed me the auger. That same winter, a friend's two neighbors went up with a new Lazer auger. They drilled one hole to see whether they needed the extention. The motor and gearbox was flat to the ice when the blades locked on the bottom of the ice. Trying to chisel it out, they shattered the gear box. They finally were able to loosen the screw holding the auger shaft and the shaft fell to the bottom of the lake. They had ruined an auger on one hole. The TRIANGLE, you think???

Just for the record, I was the first one to ask what color extention I should bring.

Oh great,,, I know URL pretty well ..last year i went there every weekend except for the eelpout week..I have been a member of this fourm for a while now..I make one smart alic comment ,,,and YOU!! acuse me of a good question!!!,,,,,well I never,,,, and right between the holidays to.. its bad enogh that my girl friend dumped me the day before x.mass and my wife stayed home all weekend...and now this?...boy oh boy you citie guys have alot gul...

CLAMP ON!!! CLAMP OFF!!!.....the clamper

Daveo, that's the nice thing about small towns, you don't ever lose your girlfriend, just your turn.

Hey Jiggle, I don't blame you for your "new" attitude. I have had the same responses on a different forum. You try to be serious and give out information, you get blasted. You try some humor, you get blasted for not being serious. I gave up for a while and then I said, hey if these people want to bash me so be it. I actually enjoy fishing, whether I get fish or not. These people evidently only are out to get fish no matter what. That's life I guess. I'll be the one fishing way over there by myself, that way no one can give me any grief. Have fun at camp jigglestick, maybe I'll run into you some day on the lake. I always wave every time I get a fish but no one can see me. That's my kind of fishing, no crowds.