• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Mothers lake

Anyone ever try too ice fish on mothers lake. I herd the ice never gets lick enough to walk on for same reason. If anyone knows why please infrom me.

You may be referring to Taft lake, crosstown and Cedar, SW corner? It has aerators and seems to bubble up alot all over the lake. Even when the ice is thick it is full of little (2-4 inch) holes. I stayed away from those and popped holes all the way across. Nothing until I got next to the fishing dock, then some very spotty perch. I know there are fish in there, I've caught some in the summer, and it is 40ft deep. Good luck!

I think you can get a lake map from the DNR website. The deep water is straight north of the parking lot if I remember right. Near the NE corner? If you have a flasher you'll find it quickly. I fished it 2 years ago & caught a lot of crappies suspended over the 40'+ hole. It was fun but most were small, about 5-7 inches. I was hoping to catch some winter cats, but I don't know if the original stocking ever took hold. I've heard rumors of big pike over the years but I've never had a flag in my few tip-up trips. It might be worth a shot though. - Vern

I've always wondered if there were any fish in this lake but never found "Mother" on the DNR web site.

FYI, I'd e-mail the DNR & find out where the aerators are & when they're being turned on (if you don't already know). Two aerators in 12 acres means an awful lot of potentially destabilized ice. There's a Kid's Fishing Pond near my house, I called yesterday & they're turning on the aerator tonight. Glad I called since I'm going out on Sunday.