• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Does anyone know about the law the county wants to enact, it a ban on night driving on the lake, the only place you could drive is 30 ft fron shore around the whole lake. Thats for snowmobils, trucks and atvs. There is a meeting on Dec. 28 in LeCenter. How do you feel about it???

I am not one to limit people's rights for the stupidity of others, but i think this is a good idea. The lake has caused deaths recently and limiting night traffic would greatly reduce the risk. Other lakes that have aeration systems have similar laws, like Lura. the lake is not that great of fishery at the moment but it should recover and for the avid fisherman, limiting vehicle traffic is great for fishing. Less people, and the ones that do go out go primarily to fish.

I thought all lakes with aerators had that law once they were turned on. I know Loon lake is like that. I myself hate it. I can be staying the night on the lake (and not driving it after dark) and still have to go park my atv on shore for people to steal or mess with.

i am thinking that maybe the dnr should look at how they manage this lake and the money might be better spent on other lakes. If I remember right the people that died on the lake were not ever fishing at all. Its the ones that "get lost" that are taking the rights away from others. Some people die on other lakes every year do they close them to night travel after that

It's not the dnr that gets involved with the regulations of travel on public waters rather it's the county that inacts the ordinance that regulates when and where you can drive on the lake.