• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Perch Fishing?

Minaki Lord

Anybody know how the perch fishing has been? I would also like to know if the size of the perch as increased much from last year?

I was out yesterday and the size hasn't changed too much, did manage 8 fish over 10 inches. There were still a lot of small ones. Also picked up a walleye as a kicker. Just too windy to fish effectivly. Headed out again tomorrow.

Cubbies

Hey Cub

Where were you fishing, and how were you getting them? I hope to make it up there before too long and would like a base to get started on. Any info would be great. Good luck up there tomorow. I have one more final and I will be FREE!!! grin.gif Bring on the ice...the fish are no longer safe.

keep fishin'

wall-i-king

Sweet, Ya i know it is really fun to catch those small ones one after another, last year i went up twice and me and a buddy caught them non stop. So i might have to make room for a trip later in the season. I just cant wait till the day all those little peuks grow up! laugh.gif

One final for me left too, Tuesday afternoon. I was fishing out of Isle bay in about 20 feet of water. Minnows under a bobber for the jumbos, all the little ones were caught jigging. Nothing really special. Just try all different depths till you find one that works and move if you are not catching them.

Cubbies

Cubbies,

When are you going to have time off over break or have a little bit to get out and fish. You sound like the kind of guy I might like to fish with. You may be jsut as crazy about ice fishing as I am. I really enjoy fishing Bald Eagle and am always looking for others to fish it with. So if you are interested in getting out and chasing some fish some night I would be all for it. I might even share some of my hot spots on other lakes in the area wink.gif. Well if you want to go send me an e-mail, navr0012 at d dot umn dot edu. Once again good luck tomorrow if you get out. Good luck on your final.

keep fishin'

wall-i-king