• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
LuciandTim

Two states..same day.

LuciandTim

I have a question/scenario:

Say i'm on a hunting trip in Iowa for a couple days. On the first day I limit out. On the second day I reach my Iowa possesion limit by noon. I live in minnesota and on my way home I want to stop at a buddies to hunt his land. Can I now go and take a Minnesota 2 bird limit even though the Iowa possesion limit is already over the minnesota possesion limit? I have the birds cleaned, packed on ice, and made transport legal. What do you think or know?

Walleye Guy

I have personally done what you described. As long as you have a license for each state you can have a possession limit from each state. Now if you you have MN birds in your freezer that putz you above MN possession limit you are breaking the law.

LuciandTim

That doesn't make sense. With the Iowa possesion limit in your freezer your already over the Mn possesion limit of 6. Iowa's P Limit is 12. So in actuality you can have 18 birds in your possesion if you have both licenses.

Walleye Guy

If you have both licenses you can have 18 birds in total in your possession. You said you were in Iowa for two days so you have six Iowa birds in your possesion. Then you shoot two in MN. As long as you don't have more than 4 MN pheasants OR 6 Iowa pheasnts in your freezer you are fine.

LuciandTim

Ok. I see the confusion.

A friend was asking me and I wasn't sure of the answer, I told him I would get to the bottom of it.

ATM

Tim, I just did as you described this weekend. My in-laws live just over the border in SD so i hunted there--tons of birds this weekend by the way--then i came back into minnesota and hunted around browns valley. Adam

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

Announcements

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• paceman
      I took a couple of guys from church out last night. They fish about once every couple years. I didn't think they would have the patience for walleye fishing so we went after pannies. Caught a couple of sunnies right away. For me they were small but these guys were just pumped to catch 7-8 inch sunnies! Fished for them a bit until we had about 15 in the live well. They wanted to clean them so I was fine with that. I then took them to one of my crappie spots. Not sure if they have ever caught a crappie before, right away I caught a small 9 inch one and of the guys was kind of upset I through it back. A minute later he hooks into a 13". Pretty sure most of North Becker county heard him hooting, hollering! I was laughing so hard! It is always blast taking out folks that love fish but don't fish very often. That to me is just strange. Especially around here with tons of lakes and great fishing. It wasn't fast and furious but still a solid  bite. Took about an hour to catch our 30 fish limit of great eaters. Most in the 11-12" range. I found them scattered along the weeds in 9-12', simple plastic with a twister tail or a paddle tail. It always super fun taking out fishing newbies. Pretty sure FB was full of their pictures last night!
    • skyking
      Was up last week on Kab and it seemed that your bait depended on where you were fishing. Some areas leeches did good, but others minnows were the go to. We lindy rigged the entire trip and on days when wind was gusty we did pretty good shallower with minnows in 13 to 20 ft....then some areas we were doing better with leeches 16 to 32 ft. No wind was like the dead sea.
    • Mike89
      catch and eat the crawfish too!!!
    • Uncle Boney
      I can second A Warrior.  Jumbo leeches for Walleye.  Northern were more interested in minnows and crawlers.
    • Harry Goodliffe
      A Carp Anglers Group Fishing social will be on June 23rd in Coon Rapids. If you enter the park from the Coon Rapids side (Egret Blvd), take a left from the parking lot and drive towards the picnic shelters. Take a right at the first stop sign and park in the lot. We will be fishing in the stretch or river behind the picnic shelter/playground. Start time can be before 7am and you can fish into the evening if you want. There will be medals for the 3 largest fish captured.
    • Gone Out Fishin
      Thanks for lots of good info guys.  Sounds like if I do things right I can have fish for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I'll try fishing that reef for some evening walleye. Bobber fish for some sunnies in the weeds.  @delcecchi, I catch enough Walleye in the summer that I really don't want to ask. I won't shy away from a bite. I'll check that little bay for crappies.  @vermilionfox, Wow that is a lot of location data. My PROP thanks you for the rock info!  Merry Go Round? I have another question regarding the Rusty Crawfish... are they a problem on the west side of the lake too? Bloody mini lobsters. I remember spending lots of time using orange for bass and walleye since they were a major food source. Been years since I've done that.  Gone Out Fishin
    • Parmer
      I don't think you will be able to run it on that generator. I have a yamaha 2000 and I have not tried it yet but from everything I have read you need 2800 watts to start the AC. All the 2018 ice castle fish houses are coleman mach 3 plus AC I think. 
    • BigVwalters
      The fishing was pretty decent over the weekend.  Walleyes were biting on rigs with leeches or crawlers. Caught 12 between Friday and Saturday with with 4 nice slotters.   Biggest being a 24".   
    • Borch
      Star Island in Cass Lake has remote, boat in primitive camping as well.
    • A Warrior
      Just returned from a successful trip on Kab.  Minnows did catch fish, but leeches were the ticket