• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Medicine Lake

Hey Lee, I just hook my aqua-vu up to one of our many VCR's. It's kinda bulky, 'cause I had to bring a battery, converter, VCR, etc.... But its worth it! grin.gif

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MedicineMan

• Lee the bonehead

• moby1

• tisch008

hi everyone im 15 years old me and a couple of my older buddys were planing on going out next sunday(16th)or that monday, i have fished out there many times in the summer and winter but have never got on any hot action. we do really care wat we catch or if it has any size to it. kinda wanna show a few the older guys that i know wat im doing so any help would be great..also if anyone is going out that day i wouldnt mind hooking up and trying a few differnt spots wit them thanks.

Moby, how can I be da man, when you be da man ? I saw all your ice mines tonight.....dude !!

metrojoe, pleasure to meet you and your son !

tripleplay, glad that you stopped in as well !

Mr. Bonehead......you are a hoot !

medman, you're quickly becoming a legend on this site and I have a suggestion......wear CAMO.....and camo da camry too !!

And all of the very many other FMers....what a pleasure for you folks to stop on in as well......Saturday was a super day to be out and you guys made my day special, Thank you !!

Matt,Dennis,Paul,Rick, and the rest of the guys that make these tournaments work.....can't wait to see you guys !!

Can't wait for everyone to come out and enjoy the ICE SERIES tournament on Medicine Lake this Jan. 22nd 2005.

I plan on being very mobile that day so plan on a visit. Also, I know there will be some large fish caught that day so be ready !

Lakeman cool.gif

Joe,

I hope you're ready smile.gif I think the Medicine event is going to be a blast! We should see a very good turn out. I'm looking forward to meeting a lot of FMer's and putting some faces with some of the names that I see here everyday. And I would have to agree, I think there are going to be some big fish caught too!

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

I wish my cheapo camcorder had a video IN! Some do, but usually not. Do you edit/enhance the tapes? I do a lot of video to web format work and it would be fun to build something for online. E-mail me if you're interested.

BTW, I'm gonna try to get out today 3-5 or so.

Exactly Duffer, what deep hole? No one knows about this hole but myself and a couple other people (Joe doesn't even know about this hole! grin.gif )For as many years as I've been fishing Medicine, I've never seen anyone fish this spot. And the only reason I know about it was because I came across it by accident this summer.

Sorry, but this is one spot that I'm not about to give away.

Medicine Man,

After watching you in action or should I say not going home to sleep after being up all night it doesn't surprise me that you found a "honey hole". I'd guess that you know of a couple of others that don't show up on the map as well.

Looking forward to seeing you again on the 22nd for the ICE event!

Metrojoe and I have kind of decided to partner up and try to mix up our tactics for the day. We'll probably start out with tipups but then would like to try for some panfish as well especially some crappies. We'll see you that day and would love to get some free advice, but I honestly don't expect anybody to offer up their secret spot just maybe a general area/depth/bait/lure, etc..

Irv

Way to stand your ground med-man. If you were to spit your secret spot out on here I wouldn't be suprised to see a train of ice houses heading to it. Hope to run into you soon out there, I'll be out on Thursday night as well as the rest of the weekend. Saturday should be an all day event for me. This work thing is getting in the way of my fishing time.

Alright so who's the guy with the bait store out here? I like the fm sticker, but need to slow down my need to fish when I say hey on my way out. I'm a newbie to the lake, but this seems like a good place to fish for the metro and everyone I have talked to has been a good guy to bs with for a few. I've found some catchable fish, but finicky the last couple nights (my first two). Giving it a little under 30'. It seemed to work after drilling a tank of gas last night to figure out whick way was up last night lol. Well maybe I'll get to meet some of you guys sooner or later.

Versus

Triple play, you should have said something saturday about the bait. I had plenty and would have filled you up so you could take the kids out for some crops. Let me know if you and metrojoe are going to do the run and gun thing. Im definnietly up for that to. We could cover a lot of ground.

Meet up with Lee the bonehead (nice to meet you) and med man for a couple of minutes on the way home last night. Sorry I didnt have time to stop and bs lakeman but was in a hurry. I got home and it was 62 degrees in my house (and I dont mean the fish house). My furnace took a dump.Hopefully going to get it fixed this morning. If I do, i will fish when its done.

To whoever asked who the guy is with the bait store on the lake. He's your best friend or worst enemy. :+)Keep up the good work lakeman. That spot does look like a minefield doesnt it :+) Just think what its going to look like if I get out with metrojoe, triple play, medman, and bonehead. The whole lake will look like swiss cheese.

Back atcha Moby! Got my auger running smooth last night, so the hole count on the lake is definately gonna rise. I can't seem to settle down. As soon as I find (or get showed) a spot that works, I feel like looking for another. The fun's in the findin' for this bonehead.

I probably won't make it out tonight (being my own boss means I'm the one who gets any &$%# that hits the fan!)

BTW, nice seeing Medicine Man again. I am SO jealous of that Ice Finder. One of these days . . .

Since the “Backwater Brawl” was rescheduled I may stop out at the get together on White Bear for a bit.

Sunday I might be available for some Medicine Lake action, but with the cold temps, I’m going to play it by ear. I put a nice tear in the canvas on my Fish Trap last Sunday mad.gif, so I may just pull it inside for some repair before it gets worse.

Let me know what your plans are. Works slow this time of year and getting a day off here and there isn’t really a problem, in fact the boss decided yesterday to head up to the big pond for some eyes today.

Is there anybody going to bear the weather out there this weekend? I might have to bring my buddy JD or Mr. Beam out there to warm me up a bit - From what they are predicting that ice is going to be making ice like crazy underneath us.

Finally got the pics from last fall developed. I've got a couple of pics of Ole the Guide and myself, and a pic of my first Med Walleye of the new year.

medeye3gm.jpg

medbass0ly.jpg

mebass9il.jpg

Hi Medicine, how did you do Tues. after I left? Did you go out Wed. too? I missed my chance yesterday because of work. Now I'm gonna have to freeze my @ss off or wait. I'll probably freeze! shocked.gif

Hey Chad whats beeen going on. Have you been making out? Sorry I have not gotten back till today as I kinda fell and broke myself up pretty good. Im hoping for a walking cost on friday and then try to figure out how I can drill a hole. and all that fun stuff. This will make for a fun and action packed ice season. Good luck to everyone . Chad I have suitcase 4x8 if you would like to use it till u get one built.

Dave Gess

Hey Lee, we caught a few Perch after you left. We also marked a few large fish down there but couldn't get them to bite. We only fished for 10-15 minutes after you left, after that we just chilled out in my house for sometime. I didn't get out yesterday either, I was out with some friends for the day.

ive seen quite a bit of tip up fishing on the south end of the main lake what bait are u guys using suckers or shiners ive used suckers twice now and nothing thinking of trying some shiners any recomandations. or is a rod and jiging spoon beter?

You goin' out this weekend? I may try some of the less traveled spots just so I can say I'm tryin'. If Ilene goes out with me I might try for sunnies in the NW corner.

I maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay go out this weekend. It's an outside chance, after working all night and everything. Hauling all my gear out in the cold doesn't sound all that fun! frown.gif

If (more like when) I do go out I'll be living up to my well deserved nickname! Shouldn't be too crowded though.

I'll probably go out on Sunday and see if I can freez off any body parts.

...this is all for the fun right??!?!?!

Went scouting this afternoon and it was definately cold! Lots of marks on the graph (15-18') but just 2 sunnies and a perch outa the hole. I think I'll give the weather a chance to moderate before I go again.

Wanted to fish Medicine to day with my dad, but Hardy's wasn't open at 8am !!! Oh well.

Took my business to Wayzata Bait and caught tons of fish out fo Tonka. Maybe I'll try Med this week if the bait shop is open.

Went out yesterday morning and I didnt think it was too bad. Marked fish right off the bat and sat on them until 10am then they really cleared out. I drilled a few holes to try and locate more and ended up locatng more than the first spot. The fish were thick and very agressve. They would hit the minnow on the drop. Actually they would come up andf hit the minnow when it was 6-10' above them on the drop. I was out from 8am-2:30pm. I stopped counting at 10:30 at 30 crops. I also gave up fishing 2 lines. It was too hectic. At 2:30 they moved out again and it was time for me to go home. All of the fish were 6-9" and blacks. Most were under 9" but it was a blast. Ice ants hooked under the minnow dorsal fin slightly ouprodced lip hooking. Red glow was the key (blue workde well also) with two small black ultralight sinkers pushed down the line snug against the jig. Since the fish were so aggressive, i am going to give sarah a shot today for some bigger fish. Hopefully they will be as aggressive out there.

mobe1 Nice to meet you and Iceman, Me and Mrs. HoleHopper fished it for the first time yesterday and the Mrs. shows me how to hook up with some Eyes. But that was about it.

Mrs.#3

Me#0

confused.gifLOL

Seen all the tight houses and stayed as far from them as we could get. Maybe I'll get braging rights back on the 22nd. See everyone then! grin.gif

Nice to meet you guys, Joe & Medman at Joe's bait shop yesterday. cool.gif

Thanks for the tip on where to fish, too. Ended up sticking around until about 8:30 or so, caught a few small 'Eyes, which made the trip well worth it! grin.gif

I'll be stopping in more often with the welcome I got at your place, Joe. Probably see you on Wed. or Thurs. this week.

cool.gif