• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Roll Call For Opening Night

Hey Derek,

Count me in for opening night. My buddy and I will be up Friday evening staying on the east side. We will trailor our boat in the wee morning hours (3am) to the north side.

Much like last year, we will start with taildancers in 5 to 10' and most likely will switch over to Live bait rigs later in the day.

Hopefully we will have a decent bite this year. I suspect it will be quite different than the past few years, especially last year when we opened with 43 in the boat in less than 7 hours.

Good luck to everyone.

Derek,

We never had to switch cranks. We started and finished with #9 Red tail chub dancers.

We started the morning with 2 doubles in the first 15 minutes of fishing. I looked over to my buddy and said..."This is going to be a great year".

Man was that an understatement! I have fished this lake 30+ years and NEVER did I see anything like last year. I hope it is half as good in 03.

I was thinking about openning things up at midnight sharp from shore at Eddy's depending on the weather. Hopefully it will be warm and a wind will be blowing in at least slightly.

Derek, we will probably be up there on Sunday night, so don't catch all of the fish!

[This message has been edited by Mykal (edited 04-17-2003).]

I'm fishing the RCL league in Red Wing during the day, but I hope to be on Milly by 8pm Saturday night! I hope you guys leave a few scraps for me!! I hope everyone stays safe and has a bend in their rod.

ISNT THERE A BAND ON WHAT TIME YOU CAN BE ON THE WATER.I THOUGHT YOU COULDNT FISH BETWEEN 10PM AND 6AM????
I WILL BE OUT AT MIDNIGHT BUT ILL BE UP AT THE MINSOTA (POTLATCH) DAMB. WE DO VERY WELL EVERY YEAR.
HAPPY HUNTING
DUCK

I'll be there.Will have the RV at Castaways. We plan on giving the trolling a try. Haven't tried it before on Mille Lacs. Thanks for the info on types of plugs that work for you. Did well on the sand last year in NE corner (rigging). JD

I plan on being up for the first week of the season. A few friends will stop by for a couple of days each to try their luck.
I will expect to start on my favorite bobber spot at midnight. We will give the rock reef bite a chance to prove itself. Depending on the weather and wind we may spend the day up on the north end sand. After possibly staying out much of the night, the easy sand drift will allow an occasional nap or two.
One thing for sure , I'll be on vacation.
Dino

We'll be up to Hunters friday early afternoon to go scouting.
Will likely start in our "old faithful" bobber spot at 12:01.
Probably pull lindy's during the day.

Nothing like starting the opener on the sand at Malmo! Alot of boats but the fishing is easy and the fish always seem to cooperate. Then at night down to Big Point for some bobber action. Doesn't get much better than that. See ya on the water!