• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Which Rods Do You Use?

Joe Suits

I was wondering which rods those of you who fish the big pond use? St.Croix, Berkley, Bass Pro Walleye Series, Fenwick, Etc. Use for Lindy Rigs, trolling, and slip bobbering

Thanks

I really like my new St.Croix Avid 8' Med Light for lindy rigging and most live bait presentations. It has the solid cork handle (Tenessee handle?) so I can put the real where I want it to balance the package out. Great for 4-8 pound test. Also should be good for slip bobbers.
Also St.Croix has been great with their customer service!
My fav.Jigging rod is a 6'6" Fenwick HMG and Im happy with it. Especially for the cost. $69 or so.

Cabela's ProGuide Series IM6, I use a 8.5" medium action steelhead spinning rod with a Shimano Solstace 2000RD reel, 8# test. For bobber fishing I use the Cabela's ProGuide Series IM6 rod 6" medium action spinning Shimano Solstace 2000RD reel and 6# test and for trolling I use a Cabela's ProGuide Series IM6 9' medium-heavy action steelhead casting rod with a Garcia Ambassador 5000D bait casting reel. These are some of the best rod/reel combinations I've found for the $.

Ole

[This message has been edited by Ole1855 (edited 02-19-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Ole1855 (edited 02-19-2003).]

My favorite rigging rods are either a loomis PR8400S or a loomis HSR9000S for bobber fishing I have a 7' gander IM7 set up and for jigging my favorite is a St Croix Avid AS60MLF or a loomis SJR722 or 720 depending

a buddy of mine turned me on to some new rods. they are a new brand I think or maybe I just never knew about them. they are GAPEN or GAPIN something like that. they are AWSOME. more graphite than a loomis and HALF the price with a lifetime warrenty. I did not believe it until I saw some of the rods. I am going to get a few for this year and give them a shot but they seem pretty nice, you guys should check them out.

Fisherman222 Where did you find them? Saw them at a show and coudnt find them anyplace later. Anyplace in Duluth area? How much is a 6.5' jigging rod? Med/lt.

A buddy of mine who frequents the metro and minnesota river section of fishingminnesota uses them all the time. his nickname is Rainman if you want to get ahold of him. he LOVES them and I am not sure but the prices are all right around 100 to 130 I think, they are very reasonable and a lifetime warrenty. I talked to the rep and he said that they stand behind it no matter how it breaks. dog, car door, anything I guess. I have not used them myself but I am buying a few for use this year as loomis seems to not want to replace my broken rod. so I am done with them I think if these rods live up to what I have heard.
just my thoughts
fishermann222