• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
JAYSUPNORTH

up coming summer vs.last summer

JAYSUPNORTH

hey guys im wondering if you think the eyes are going to be fat and happy this summer like they are now,will the big perch hatch be depleated by then or are we in good shape.I think its going to be slower than last summer but thats ok because I'd rather catch 10 fat and healthy eyes than 50 skinny ones any feedback would be great. JAYSUPNORTH

Grabs

We are in good shape, look for the bite to pick up a little until the middle of the summer and then look for the pond to shut down and begin to stablize even more.

This should be the first year of many stable years to come.

bigeyes

Jay- that is the million dollar question! I don't have a camera, but it sounds like everybody who does is seeing thousands of small perch. I don't think that the walleye have made a dent in the perch hatch yet. One thought is that last years hatch will be just large enough by May that the 14-17 inch fish will not be chasing them as much. If that happens it could be ok. Either way look for the bite to be improved from opener until mid June, but not near what you experienced last year.

I think the bite will still be good. Lots of bait has been consumed. We probably won't see what we did the last couple of years. Time to go back to the longer snells.

------------------
MILLE LACS AREA GUIDE SERVICE
651-271-5459 http://fishingminnesota.com/millelacsguide/
click here