• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Late fishing report

New here, as you can see. Been reading but not writing.This is only my 2nd year ice fishing Mille Lacs so I am no expert but this is what I got...
we are in 32 ft of water 15 ft behind us is 28 ft of water and 15 ft ahead is 35 ft of water.We are on a mud flat.All Saturday afternoon the boy and I caught nothing..at 1am a rattle went off and we got a 26incher and then nothing.....until about 8:30am and we had a heck of a time keeping up with 4 rattle wheels until about 9:45am and they just shut down.We landed four 25,25,27,5 and missed about that many.They were biting pink or orange and fatheads.WE fish every weekend and this is the best we have done so far,but this is also the first time on the mud this year.. I hope this helps you all.

invadersmn

Welcome to FM. Where abouts are you on the mud? We are out of Mac's on Hawkbil reef and doing ok. Would like to hook into some eyes though.. Thanks for the post and well writen!

Charles

EBass

Those are some nice fish! Good job and nice report.

Later,
EBass

Invadersmn..took me awhile to find a spot that interstate 94 didn't pass thru there is another guy out there but he's real good about driving way around us but if you email me at [email protected] I can give you a little info off my GPS..there is alot of heaves on the way but I have the crossings marked also..I will be out there Sat morning with the old man so hopfully this cold snap didn't screw it up,but maybe not it was cold weekend before last and we did ok then also.

MJR

I am also coming up on Sat and will be fishing out of Macs. I think we will be fishing out of portables as our permanant is still in the bay and we do not want to pay them to move it, to get no fish where we move it to either. How deep are you getting the perch? I have not been up there for a month and the reports I have seen have not been real promising or given me much to go on.

smellzalilfishee

i am glad somebody up there is catching fish cuz they have had lock jaw for me- good job!!!

only-eyes

good report! a buddy and i have also been doing well on mille lacs. not close to last year, but we have averaged 9 fish per day the last few times out. even 3 slots 1 day, still tossed em back. i think the key this winter was avoiding the crowds, the closest house to us was 3/4m. away, mostly sets w/ bigger shiners. not a perch caught.

fishseeker

I am going to the West side this weekend. How far out do think I need to go to catch some fish? What do they seem to be feeding on?