• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Finlander

On top the mud flats or the deeper edge?

Finlander

On top the mud flats or the deeper edge?
Fish the top of the mud flat during the day or the deeper edge?
Has there been a preference for night and daytime fishing there?
Mainly fishing for walleyes but will take perch ifinz they are there.
Whats the scoop? confused.gif

bigeyes

finlander- not many people are catch fish consistently right now so solid answers are hard to come by. There has been some reports of the deeper sides of the flats have being a little better, but there is really not enough cosistent catching going on to have a firm answer. Personally if you can find a break I think that is a good place to start. You would be best to remember that a lot of Milly's walleyes are roamers, due to very clear water showing them lots of bait fish to see and chase, add in the miles of relatively consistent bottom composion and flat depths and you will soon see that many of these fish will simply roam the main basin all winter with little regard to whether they are in 26 or 33 feet. These days the dnr puts gill nets out in "no mans land" and guess what, lift numbers are mostly the same as classic structure areas on the lake. Most of the eyes are really only feeding and moving much at dawn and dusk, but these walleyes usually hunt in packs, so if you can get one you got a shot a few.

Scott

Finlander,
The last couple of weekends the deep edge has been by far the best bet.

Good Luck

fishermann222

Scott,
oposite for me, we are finding more fish on the deeper edge but less active. the ones we are getting are feeding on the top edge. so I guess you will just have to be versatile and try both all day long, just keep movin

Icerookie

Scott...I fished all over the "triangle", a spot on the north side of Sherman's Flat sat 2/1. Fished on top, on the break and off the edge into the deeper water. Fished from 9:00 am till 4:00 pm...came up with "ONE TULIBEE"! It was really slow, but, thats fishin! We even found a few underwater points but to no avail. Fished Buster's flat, too, for a little while, up one side and on top and down the other...NOTHIN! We tried larva and minnow heads on jigs and a set line with minnows. Good luck to you!!

Scott

Yep, It didn't seem to matter this weekend. I couldn't find fish on the flat or on the edge.

Hope you had better luck.

EBass

on 2/1/03
I was able to get one (CPR) 20 or 21" eye on a tip up with a fathead. (Nice and fat) I was on the top edge of the mud near a sharp break. My buddy missed his flag.

I saw some on the deeper edge but they would only look.

That's about it.