• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fishing Tips

Scott

Iceman,
I'd make sure I had both fatheads and shiners. It's strange but sometimes all they'll take is shiners, othertimes it's fatheads, and then there's the times that it doesn't matter. You might want to pick up some crappie minnows and waxies for perch also.
I'd tie plain glow or red hooks on a couple, gem n eyes on a couple, and whatever they suggest at McQuoids. I've heard that the McQuoids are real good to work with so give them a call and see what they suggest.

Good Luck!

Just wondering if anyone out there could give a rookie angler and his buddies some fishing info for the southeast side of the lake. We are renting out a 10-holer from McQuiod's, and none of us have done much ice fishing if at all. I know they supply rattle reels, so that is what we will be fishing with. I've heard shiners are the ticket from a couple of people, fatheads from others. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks all.

Iceman,

We use Larger Rainbow Minnows on our Rattle Reel set-ups and catch more 'Eyes than on Shiners consistantly.

The Rainbow's are real tough and they swim longer when hooked than a Shiner, thus attracting more attention from roaming fish, especially during the over-night period when things slow down.

We've had great success with the Northland Bug-Eye Hooks that Glo. These are live bait style and they are much better at hooking Walleyes on a set line and the fish don't swallow them all the way down into their gullets making CPR easier and preserving the out-of-slot fish.

Good Luck!

------------------
Chells

Iceman,

We use Larger Rainbow Minnows on our Rattle Reel set-ups and catch more 'Eyes than on Shiners consistantly.

The Rainbow's are real tough and they swim longer when hooked than a Shiner, thus attracting more attention from roaming fish, especially during the over-night period when things slow down.

We've had great success with the Northland Bug-Eye Hooks that Glo. These are live bait style and they are much better at hooking Walleyes on a set line and the fish don't swallow them all the way down into their gullets making CPR easier and preserving the out-of-slot fish.

Good Luck!

------------------
Chells

Thanks fellas, I'll let you know how we do. I'm sure we'll catch our limit of bottle bass, not sure about what else.