• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

be warned

humpback

just wanted to let anyone who might be staying at twin pines resort not to stay in rooms 20 or 21. i dont know about any other rooms but ours didnt have any heat in them. we got up there about 3pm on fri and noticed it was cold right away. looked at the thermostat and it said 50 degres, well we wanted to get out fishing so we called from the fish house to tell them to look at it and they said they would, well we get back in from fishing after 10pm and to our amazment no heat. i think they knew the heat wasnt working and they didnt want to fix it.we were booked for 2 nights but after freezing all night in a cold room we left.wont ever stay there again.

cant comment on the rooms at all but they sure do know how to feed you the breakfests are great

Just wanted to let you know that in the rooms you can get more heat from the air conditioners. They have heaters on them.
You should have called them.

Sounds like he did. A room should never be 50 degrees when people are coming to stay in it. No excuses for that!

And all summer long the resorts were complaining about the slot limits imposed and how they would ruin their business.
It looks like they don't need a "slot limit" to ruin their business for them...you'd think at this point they would be providing head-over-heels service to make sure you come back to their resort again and again...what a shame. They deserve whatever happens to them.
Imagine if you fell asleep in that cold room and froze to death? What would they say then?

I fished out of there houses last year. Had good service. I am sorry to here that you had bad luck with rooms.

i would just like to add to my first post that it seems that there was a mix up in communication from us to the people at twin pines resort. it seems when we called from the fish house to tell them about the heat in the room the message was never relayed to the proper person.the people from twin pines seen these post and called me today to tell me there was heat in the room its just that its not controled by the thermostat on the wall or the register on the floor but the heat comes out of the air conditioner in the wall. well it never came to mind to look at the air con for heat so i guess it is some of our fault for not looking at that.i just wanted to clear this up and add its not a bad place to stay it was just a miscummication.

I am glad you heard from them. I called up there yesterday to let them know there was some problems.
Glad you got it straightened out.

I'm not one to bash a resort, anyone can have a bad day or two. But, I'm convinced I will never stay or recommend my friends to stay at Twin Pines. A buddy was supposed to have his bachelor party out in the big party shack a few weeks back. Well, no heat at 3 AM kinda drove everyone out Friday night. One would think for the amount they charge for that thing, they owners would try and rectify the problem before things escalated and got out of hand. Everyone wound up getting hotel rooms elsewhere for the rest of the weekend. Sure am glad I had the flu that weekend, and couldn't make it up. It truly is a shame when a resort is totally consumed with money, and doesn't give a rat's arse if you catch anything. Dickies may not have the fanciest shacks on the lake, but at least Marge charges a fair price, and they really do try to put you on fish. I just wish they weren't always booked up so I could spend more weekends up fishing.