• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

More Breakins!

We got ripped off Saturday night between 11 and 1 am. Got back from flagship and FL18 and some real nice jigging rods gone. Heard it happened up near Hunters on Monday nite too! Check your house morriscode!

BradB

Geez...Isn't there any way we can catch the SOB's? Does anyone know if the police in the area are working on getting these guys?

There must be some way we can network with the resorts and the police to put a sting on whoever is doing this.

Leave the door unlocked and take your stuff home. I know its a pain, but its the only way. Most of these punks dont bother with the heaters. If any of you guys have had anything stolen, check with both pawn shops on the lake. Onamia and Garrison.

------------------
MILLE LACS AREA GUIDE SERVICE
651-271-5459 http://fishingminnesota.com/millelacsguide/
click here

Insp Gadget

They have all been working to stop this stuff. I know that some kids (17&18) have been caught and turned over to sheriffs on the southwest side, BUT the system gives them a slap on the wrist and lets the go. They can't do much more with such crimes.

This year is not totally unusal in the amount being reported except that without significant snow to restrict there movement around the lake, they can drive on at one spot, find it ripe, do there deed and leave via some other point. Barring night vision equipment and a helicopter overhead, its pretty tough to catch them. The case I know of someone saw some suspicious vehicle movements, pretended to leave the lake only to have parked out of the way with lights off and watched. When they saw the breakin, they called the sheriff and directed them to the house the kids went back to.

Bottom line, if anything is going to happen to slow the tide, it will have to be all of us being watchful when out there. And if you need to be certian you don't lose anything? Take it with you. Bummer, but reality.

Gadget

I hope thier mommy's kissed them goodbye, because if someone catches them in the act....they might have themselves an accident. Pointer, the ol' man is headed up there this weekend, I hope everything is okay. Sorry to hear about that. Someone is gonna lose a hand when they are caught.

IMHO, this is probably not locals, my guess would be some city *****s with no jobs and no life.

morriscode

leadcore

Big pointer thanks for the heads up. Are you going to be up there this weekend? I will try to call you tonight to see if your going. I might be up there friday through sat morning to get the holes drilled and heat on for the ol' man. Sorry about the fl18 and those killer rods. Call ya later!

Maybe if you could get dropped off by one of your buddies and stay in your house over night and have all the lights off. Just wait for someone to start ripping on the door and boom their caught in the act.
Maybe some night vision binoculars would work good also then you could maybe see something suspicious out on the lake.
But that is just if your bord and have lots of time on your hands or if you want to stay overnight in the fish house.
That was just my little ponder of the moment. grin.gif

------------------
FISHSTUNNER

ackotz

The problem with that Stunner is, that now your focus has been altered. You go up there to fish and have fun. Don't let someone else dictate your actions.
This is not to say that when thse "kids" are breaking into our house, they won't come face to face with the flat side of a shovel!

Just be responsible for your personal things. Don't "invite" someone to steal your property, just as you shouldn't leave your car running, while you run into the store! Take your valuables with you and lock up your house...

icehousebob

ACKOTZ, I'm shocked that you would advocate hitting some poor young man with the flat of a shovel. The edge of the shovel is much more efficent. Then finish with an ice chisel.

The problem(s) is easy access on and around the lake, little or no chanch of getting caught, and a market for the stolen goods.
I disagree that it is "city kids". Not many city kids fish, (or ICE fish), and they're not apt to make a midnight road trip to the tundra where they would stick out like sore thumbs to steal items that have no value to other "city kids". Area pawn shops should be checked out and anyone that has a 'good deal' should be a suspect. I think the cops are only going to get involved if there is a personal injury or if they just happen to stop someone on another violation and notice they have a truck full of augers, generators etc.

We have are perm out of Hunters and that was broken into during the week left tv and vex but stole lights, rod and tackle. This is the 2nd time in two years. We even have real tough locks. Rumor was alot of houses were just vandalized inside.