• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
BradB

Break ins

BradB

It appears that last Friday morning there were a number of fish houses broken into. Folks at Mac's Twin Bay and Dickies were the victims I heard about. They took high buck items such as TV's and generators as well as fishing gear like rods and augers. I heard there were 8-10 houses that were broken into, apparently by using a crowbar to bust the door open.

I hope like h*ll that whoever did this gets caught and put in jail. Let's all keep our eyes out for anyone suspicious out there! Also, apparently this guy (or these guys) made off with a lot so if you come across anyone selling a lot of used ice gear contact the police.

Brad

Great! haven't been up there since Thurs. night. We left a tv, some rods and lanterns, and what not. I'm out of Macs, guess i'll have to call and check that out. Its a shame that people do that. Thanks for reporting Brad. Hope those punks are up there trying to get in when i pull up wiht my buddies!!

Everyone just keep an eye out. Hope nothing more like this happens.

Good luck fishing, have fun and look out for your neighbor.

mMh

Oh,......sure,.... We just had a bunch of threads saying how safe mille lacs has been and now this.

BradB

I'd call and check. I talked to one of the guys at MTB and he said they hit houses that were in close, at Hennepin Island, and even way out on the gravel. I hope it wasn't you. I hope it never happens to anyone again.

Brad

JAIL not even close If I catch them it would be OOPS they fell into a spearing hole over thirty feet of water. I would do the right thing and call 911 after I walked slowly back to the access to get my phone from my pickup.

picksbigwagon

A guy should almost make sure they have protection don't ya think???

Probably shouldn't advertise that. Good point though.

[This message has been edited by D-man (edited 01-14-2003).]

I got worried enough that I just called Dick and he said that all the ones broken into were around hennipen, at least the ones out of Portside...wheeeeew, mine was not one of them!

eye

What are people doing leaving that kind of stuff in the house?? Expecially now when you can park your truck right next to the house. In my opinion your just asking for trouble.

fisher13

how would somebody get away with breaking into 10 houses. isn't there anybody up on the lake during week nights. because i know on the weekends no one could ever get away with breaking into doors with crowbars. especially on a place as popular as hennepin. we all need to keep an eye out for these a$$ holes.
fisher13

BradB

eye,

I don't think you should blame people for getting ripped off. Maybe from now on we'll all be a bit more careful, but they certainly weren't "asking for it". Have some compassion, man.

Brad

It sounds like these idiots had a easy time if they got into 10 houses. I would not be surprised if they try it again. When i'm up there i will be on a hightened guard on look out. It's a shame, kinda ruins the fun.

now brad,..... I know that nobody was really asking for it but you were in the last discussion about this. i guess its gonna happen no matter what but remember the steps to prevent fishhouse break ins,....1) take veything with you 2) leave the curtains open 3) don't put some extravagant locking system on it.

looking 4 a 30

take everything uot of you house and leave the door unlocked , the worst they will probally do is take a piss on you floor.
it sure is sorry, but you can trust anybody.. peace.

eye

Brad,

Obviously no one had a nion sign that said "Here's my gear, come and get it!" But people have to use a little common sense. I have learned the hard way myself, never leave your stuff unattended. I also stopped putting locks on my house after the third time replacing them. I wasn't trying to belittle anyone's pain.

This sucks that people like the *** 's that broke into those houses ruins it for us! I was even up there Last Friday out of Dickies and on Hennipen Island and Heard guys out side of my door but didnt think anythign of it! I guess what I will do since i am always up till 10 am the next day is keep my ears and eyes open at night to watch for any mysterious actions and call the police if there is some! So maybe then that will do some help and I am willing to do this for I am always up till the bite dies down! I will also suggest that no one leave anythign valuable in there house! Need help I am here to the rescue lol!

Grabs

Your night bite has been that good as of recent that you haven't been sleeping until 10am?

We had that a last year, but not yet this season!

BradB

Eye,Bigguns1--

I guess I just misread the tone. Email and web postings can do that sometimes. I'm sure you didn't wish misfortune on anyone.

I wasn't actually broken into and maybe it is because I don't leave anything in the house. I wish you could, and I wish people were more honest and kind.

But, as Grandpa always said, "If wishes were horses beggars would ride."

Brad

Just want to add some clarification from Mac's Twin Bay. The houses that were hit were scattered...a few on the gravel, a few on Hennepin, a few on the end of one of our roads. We (Mac's) are on the roads daily and really try hard to keep our houses safe. That's a big reason for harping so much about road passes and speed limits! "Outsiders" tend to stick out a bit, but it still isn't 100% reliable.

If it helps you feel better, my father's house, his best friend's house and one of our employee's houses were included in the tally. We do our best to watch out, but I think "some" people WILL find a way no matter what we do. We had some locked and unlocked. It didn't matter. Upside is that I heard of no vandalism.

Peace.

Grabs. No my bight hasnt been that big at night but i am a night person and cant sleep anyways so I was just simply suggesting I woudl stay up and look out! Just trying to help out is all! Last weekend I was up there i got three bites during the night but ttwo were One walleye but I lost him and two pearch but two small I let them go! Other wise it has been dead!

Grabs

SpecialK, has pointed out a great point. For everyone that complains about the resort access fees.

These fees obviously have another purpose...to keep these punks off the lake! And speed limits too, guys slow down on the lake, if we all drive slow and some punks come flying around on the lake from house to house that will make them stand out even more.

Lets just hope for some snow too, because this lack of snow enables them better movement on and off the lake.

Good luck to everyone this weekend and lets keep our eyes and ears out for each other!

[This message has been edited by Grabs (edited 01-17-2003).]