• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Flick

Reports

Flick

Fished Saturday and Sunday morning and things were real slow for us. Only got 1-21" and didn't mark any others. How are you other guys doing out there. We were in 13'.

Harmonica Bear

We were out on the North end this weekend, caught 20 jumbo's, a few walldogs too big to keep, and one lottery fish that made the slot. Considering what I have been hearing we did pretty good. The majority of the fish came on fatheads with a plain red hook. Did get a couple perch yesterday afternoon on an angle eye, then I dropped my r/r down the hole :-). The perch were feeding on larvae of some sort, they were full of them. Kind of surprised me we were getting them on fatheads. Anybody else do any good?

Icerookie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
posted 01-11-2003 09:42 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just got back from the pond. Went out from Terry's on the west side. Fished on Curly's flat for a half hour or so...22 feet...didn't see anything. That was at about 9:00 am. Then I went south and fished off the south end of Curly's..in between Curly's and Buster's flat. 30 ft of water...got 3 wally's - 2 19" and 1 20" - and caught about 15 perch...kept 8 JUMBO's...caught the wally's on a mid size gold weasle tipped with minnow head...and the perch on big rattler, green/orange also with minnow head. Was using a set line also with shiner minnows...had 3 or 4 bites but couldn't get the hang of hookin em...****! Ice was a good 17 or 18 inches but there are what looks to be 3 or 4 cracks/heaves you have to drive over...spooky but no problem. Good luck fishin!!!

walleye29us

i was fishing this weekend on the north end.caught 3 walleyes,a 21,22,25 incher...no perch at all.we were fishing 26 feet in the shack,and my tip-ups were in 32 feet.missed at least 9 to 10 fish on my tip-ups.all three fish bit on big shiners on green glow jigs.we threw everything in the tackle box at them,but it just made no difference..had fun though,and will be up again soon.good luck fishing all.

Captain B.R.K

Guys that went out this past weekend, want to head out this weekend...wondering if driving on the ice is recommended? I don't have snowmobile or 4 wheeler.
WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND?

I could get my hands on a 4 wheeler or sled for the weekend.

Help?

Morriscode nice report! Any hints on where to go for the weekend?

Tonka Boy

Fished from Thursday until Sunday on 1 1/4 west. We had 1 bite, 1 24" 'eye early Friday morning before the crowds arrived. We marked plenty of fish, but couldn't get any takers. Hopefully things pick up soon!

Fished 27' on the Southeast side. One 16 1/2" walleye and my girlfriend caught a 4" walleye. Ended up with 7 jumbo perch (I mean JUMBO) 12,13,14 inchers.

Fishing started Friday at 4pm and ended on Sunday at 1pm. 4 lines down all night/day, for almost 2 days, caught a dozen fish....slow fishing...real slow, but good to be on Mille Lacs. I wanted to get out and search a little but it was WAY to cold. Minus 15 or 20 with windchill, brrrrrrr.

Bare hook and fathead seemed to be the ticket, sundown and about 2 hours after. Good luck

morriscode

metro 1

We started to go out of Indian point but the pressure ridges were more than the little truck could handle. I went over one ,no problem and the next one looked bigger so I went to see first hand about a 18" crack . I stomped hard enough to see if it would hold my truck 1/4" didn't even hold me and down I went to my upper leg. Then we went out of the Red Door 5 or 6 miles ,didn't get anything but peanuts 5" 6" got done doing landry (pants,sock & boot) moved east and started getting fish right away . all big for me and my partner got nothing but slot fish (3) so we ended with 9 eyes and one perch ,biggest being 25 1/2" watch out on the ice for changing cracks.Metro

Captain, I wish I new the spot I would tell you exact coordiantes.....but as you can see there really isnt much going on. It does seem like things have picked up a bit, it was too cold for me to go portable so I didnt get a chance to scout. I can tell you that in 27' over rocks I marked fish almost all day...very few takers. I would stick to fatheads or rainbows on a glow red/orange gamakatsu. I have heard people getting bites on gold shiners but never tried them. Bring lots of beer and cards. Wish I could tell you otherwise, but the "dead sea" has revisited us.

morriscode

Oh yeah Captain, you can drive pretty much anywhere on Mille Lacs. But it is ice so be careful. There are trucks everywhere.

morris

fisher13

went out friday afternoon to sunday morning. 6 miles out of dickies on the gravel. 4 eyes and no perch. missed a couple others. all the eyes were caught in afternoon or evening withplain hook and large shiner. one in slot the others were 18, 22, and 26.

I wanna know where fisherman222 goes. He claims he caught a limit of slots!!!!

teach me the ways, ohh mighty master

morriscode

Captain B.R.K

Thanks Morriscode!
We are going to try our luck on Saturday, so we'll see how it goes. I've never caught a nice walleye through the ice, nice meaning 18" or bigger so I have my fingers crossed.

Guys, where would you recommend heading out of for a day, Dickies, Red Door, ETc????
-B