• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Warm weather effects on ice conditions?

Pharcta2

Bringing a group up to fish ut of one of McQouid's Super 8s this weekend. As they have never been on the ice, they are becoming a bit unsettled due to the current weather report. Any one have some updates so I can put their minds at ease? Biggest concern seems to be "I'm not driving MY car on that!".

Thanks!

Don't worry one bit, the main ice surfaces will be fine and I am sure there will still be snow up there even. But throw caution to the pressure ridges, you never know what they might do when it warms like this.

The main lake is usually about 5-8 degrees cooler than the land and usually 10 degrees cooler than the cities, in general.

Pharcta

i wouldnt worry about the ice. if anything there will be a little water on top. but the forecast looks like it is supposed to cool down again by friday. well, good luck fishing

bigwegs