• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

TV Reception

Headed up to the big pond tomorrow. Any chance that I will get any reception on the TV out on the lake so I can catch some football?

waterwolff

It depends on the type antenna you have

TV reception on Mille Lacs is marginal. It seems to be on the edge of every signal area around the state. I have a deep fringe antenna on my house and I can raise, lower and rotate it from the inside of the house while watching the TV. The antenna has to be adjusted just right. With less interferance from machinery on Sunday the reception gets better.

If by chance you have satelite at home, I would recommend paying an extra $4.99 a month to get a second receiver which you can use on your fish house. That's what I've done and the reception is just like home. Plus, I get all the channels that I have at home including the NFL ticket and 20 extra FOX sports channels. It's the only way to go. However, this is a mood point if you don't have satelite at home.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Agronomist_at_IA
      I'd like to ice fish the lake it sounds like great fishing right now......but no walleye.....wtf. It's been messed up for a few years......
    • Tom Sawyer
      Could not agree more...; but with Garmin Pan it's a bit cumbersome...
    • mechanictim
      Yesterday and today the combines got back to work. Hunted a management area next to a fresh picked corn field. Got a couple nice roosters which both flushed at about 15-20 yards. Saw several others that flushed way out in front of me. Not many other hunters out there yet.  Drove past several fields that were just combined today and there were a few places that had some really deep ruts from either combines or the tractors pulling wagons. Didn't see any of the big combines unloading directly into semi's so the ground must still be pretty soft if their not driving the trucks into the fields. About half the combines were in corn and the others getting after beans.  Weather this weekend should a little breezy and cool for Saturday with a high in the low 40's. There's a 30% chance of precipitation for Saturday. Should warm up a bit on Sunday.
    • Kettle
      I've run an fl12 for six years now, occasionally it gets noisy but has been doing the job. Last year on lotw we had 4 vexilars going in a small area and even with the different interference settings I got feedback. One guy had a hummingbird 55 ice and had zero issues even when his was shut off still had issues. Maybe when I'm done with school I'll upgrade to something with a GPS and lake map
    • hayseed
      Have to say it. I don't believe there is "A BEST" unit out there. Just about all of them will suit someone's needs depending on how you use them and what you expect from them. If funds are not a limitation I would recommend looking at the Garmin Ice units with Panoptix or now you can adapt Livescope to the ice. Lots of Panoptix videos out there, but Livescope is new to the ice and the open water videos are amazing. Love mine. Sold all my flashers, my LX 6 and Helix units. My opinion for what it's worth. 
    • Spearing Machine
      Yep I've been seeing it almost daily since Friday on the south end of the bay. Getting me excited! Time to winterize the lund. It was a good run again this year!
    • Tom Sawyer
      Omg. @Parmer I totally forgot about the Zoom, tells ya' how far my mind is from ice season yet. I do use it, but not whole lot, usally for perch fishing. Most of my Walleye are caught shallow.  
    • Parmer
      All I use is an fl8. I have had it like 16 years.  I guess I don't really believe in the zoom and all that stuff.  Think the fl8 reads fish pretty good.  And I hardly get any interference like my buddies, with there fancy Marcum's lol.  
    • curt quesnell
      First fish today was a big fat grey 30 incher, so as a guide the pressure was off right away. Steady action spot locked jigging in 30 feet of water with frozen shiners. By noon we needed 1 Sauger and one Walleye. At 3pm we got a nice Walleye so we quit at 3:30 one Sauger short. It was still pretty windy this morning but from the SW so fishing wasnt too tough. Had to toss the anchor at 2:30 the 3 batteries in the Terrova were spent, thats how windy it was this morning. Here are the pics
    • curt quesnell
      NW is not good at Long Point(I dont know where it is good on this end of the lake.)  SW, WSW and S can blow pretty good without much damage.   Keep your fingers crossed and good luck