• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
JTjigs

Agate Bay

JTjigs

I'm thinking of heading up to Mille Lacs and fishing out of Agate Bay. Wondering if anyone has any reports from that area? Thanks

I have a fishhouse out of there. Fished on Thursday and Friday, had two walleyes one in the slot and one to big. Caught one big northern on thursday night that measured 40.5". A lot of small perch,might have to go shallower to find bigger ones. Let me know how you do. I will be up there Sunday night through Wednesday night. Good Luck

muskieman

The bite continues to be very poor. I talk to ALOT of fishermen and decided since everyone is having a tough bite I would try the deep gravel. I did not catch a walleye today. Probably the first time I ever posted such bad news. Resort owners are praying for a bite. If you are looking for an accurate report, trust me. When they bite I report it.

Ice Hole

Spent over 12 hours on the lake yesterday pounding it and trying different areas...not ONE walleye, and 8 really nice jumbos (10-12") at dusk we had a few walleyes on the vex, but they were not gonna bite no matter what we did.

latz333

I fished Agate Bay from Friday at noon until today at 10 am with three other guys and had only 1 walleye (21 inches). Marked fish on the vex and saw a bunch of little perch with the camera. Threw everything at them that we could to no avail. Oh well, better luck next time.

Latz

Flipnripem

Hey latz, Were the houses out beyond the reef yet? How far out did you fish? I know the area pretty good and just wondered where you were at. Sounds like the shallow rocks on top are producing. Thanx

latz333

Flipnripem,

The houses were not out very far. We were in 17 feet of water and it was really slow. The ice is not that great. There are 2 bridges that the Agate Bay resort had out. There is also a 6 inch crack about 20 feet from shore. The houses are all along a pressure ridge about a half a mile out.

I did see 3 walleye gutted on the ice, all over the slot. mad.gif

Latz

Flipnripem

Thats to bad, to see sombody over and above the law. Talked to my dad tonight and he fished the south side and did fair. The wife was with so he did not move to much. Saw tons of small perchies. If I get up to Agate I`ll file a report. Seems the inside of the reef would be better, but who really knows. It`s easy to say when your four hours away. Keep jerkin. Flip

Flick

Was at Agate Sun. evening through Tues. morning. We got 6 eyes total. 2-22",3-20",
1-10". Also got one jumbo. didn't fish during the day at all just during prime time, we just bought a house and had to work on it on shore. Fished in 8.5-11ft. of water. Most fish on small jigging raps, a couple on set lines. Agate is now letting people drive as of today(new years eve). Nothing great but if your set up and quiet and fish hard during prime times you should pull some fish. Will be up this coming weekend so I'll post again. I didn't see any dead walleyes but thats just sick, you cant tell me those guys didn't have fun catching those fish. Good luck.

JTjigs

Thanks for the reports folks. To Fisheatsleep, we fished Tue. in about 17 to 18 feet. Fished from 2 to 6pm, not even a bite. Marked alot of fish, but no takers. Was still fun to get out. Have fun!

latz333

kwkfsh,

I did not see the people who left them on the ice. I saw the fish as I was leaving the lake to go home. If I had I would not have reported them any way, the DNR may have had a problem with me fishing with 4 lines, chumming, and using perch eyes!!! grin.gif

Latz

[This message has been edited by latz333 (edited 01-01-2003).]

Do we try to piss eachother off or does it come naturally?

kwkfsh

Latz, did you report those over slot fish to the DNR? If you did'nt you are as guilty as the poachers! I have seen 2 posts today re: fishing violations that people did'nt report. Come on people! If we are not going to hold the violaters accountable they will keep raping your resource. If I see you violating the law I will report it, and I will testify at your trial if neccesary! grin.gif

walleye29us

thats funny lats !!!!1 im laughing my *** off......good luck fishing all.....

Fished Sunday night - Wednesday morning only caught four jumbo perch. Went out to the flats on tuesday and it was slow out there. Did catch a few tulibee. Good Luck and keep us updated!